Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dazey managed to chew her way out of yet another harness. She doesn't chew the fabric - just the little plastic brackets where you adjust the straps. She is much calmer when she has a harness on so I would like to find one that she cannot get off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Emurr, I had the same problem for Stella!
I probably had to buy her maybe 6 harnesses or more.
I tried bitter end and bitter apple but they didn't work for me.
Some people say bitter aplle is really good.....give it a shot! It's a spray and you'll have to spray it on the harness.

I have to say that Stella hasn't chewed on her harness for a while......she stopped but honestly I don't know how.......better this way.

Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you all. I thought about putting lemon juice onit but she would probalby like it! I think I will order one of the harnesses from the web site above. She will probably manage to get the velcro open! How in the world did they get those dogs or dog to sit still like that? I must have the wildest chi in history. She takes off everything I put on her.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Mine like to chew their collars. I just got them some brand new leather type collars and leashes yesterday. When I came home about 2 hours later, Buster's collar was off and chewed beyond repair :x . I had to go get another one.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Why are you leaving the harness on?
I only put the harness on when we go outside.
If you take it off while they are indoors, it won't be there for them to chew on.
Maybe after a few months they will forget about how much fun it was to chew on and you can start leaving it on again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wearing a harness or collar seems to make her more subdued. Also, it is a big deal to get it on her so once it's there it is staying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts