Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...
My name is Jen and I have a ten week old short coat chi girl named Ruby Tuesday, or sometimes we just call her Stinker, which she responds to just fine! :D I guess she is a tri-color, but mostly black and tan with the tiniest bit of white on the tips of her toes and a little bit on the chest.

We are crate training and working on pottying. She is doing pretty well. She has been with me since she was five weeks old. Not the best situation, but I could not leave her where I found her. She is fortunately healthy, and I knew enough to feed her often, with a syringe if necessary and use Nutrical if necessary.

I will be trying to get pictures up in the next few weeks.

Jen

PS I have gotten such good info here already...Thanks to everyone who posts regularly!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Hi and welcome! :wave: Nice to have you with us and I'm looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds like you know what you're doing with your lil one. :)

Can you tell us why you couldn't leave her where you found her? I hope it wasn't an abusive situation but I would like to hear the details.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Working on getting pictures up...I think Ruby T. is one of the prettiest dogs I've ever seen, but we all think that about our pups don't we? :D

I found her through the news paper and drove an hour to see her and her sisters. I was told she was six weeks on the phone, but in person the lady told me she was only five weeks. The pups were being given a dry kibble that was huge. I swear is was bigger than their heads! LOL

Let's just say that the conditions were very bad. There were three girls, and one just didn't look right. I had done lots of research and this pup honestly looked like she had hydrocephalus (sp?) Large, domed skull, and eyes not quite right. :shock: Didn't really interact with me or her littermates either. The woman who had the pups thought she was adorable and was going to be giving her to a family member. There had been no vet visits. I knew I was taking a risk, but I connected with Ruby immediately and I knew the owner just wanted them gone. I'm not sure she even asked my name.

I took her and ran :roll: well I did actually pay for her first. This was not a puppy mill, just one lady with one male and female. No papers, but Ruby is very very chi looking. We have had a few minor things to deal with...she was very wormy, and had some transitional type diarhrea.

Thank you for the welcome, and sorry this got so long!
Jen

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave: Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Ruby. We have another Ruby on the forum, and if your Ruby is as lovely as our other Ruby, then we are all doomed to fall in love with her. :lol:

I'm glad you rescued her from that situation - it didn't sound like a good one and I'm sure she is far better off with you.

Hope to see pics soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts