Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this wonderful forum a couple of days ago, and my eyes are actually burning from sitting at the computer and reading all the great posts for the past two days! :shock: :lol:
What a nice group of helpful and dedicated people! :hello1:

I made one post in the "sell/buy" section (thank you for your welcome note ozzysmom :) ), so the ones of you who read it know that I do not have a Chi yet.
But I am working on it! I just want to make sure I do this right and find a responsible breeder.

I live in Portland, OR and I am originally from Europe.
My family consists of one husband, two sons, one 90lb black lab mix and two cats. The three furry members came from a shelter where I used to volunteer.
I have wanted a Chihuahua since my pre-teen years and it seems that now - over two decades later - the time is finally right. :thumbright:

Sofia Bella is the name I have chosen for my :angel13: :)

I just wanted to drop a note and introduce myself, and as soon as I find my dream puppy girl, I will write more.
I will just keep reading and absorbing all the great information here for now. :sign7: :)

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Hi and welcome again - i really do hope you find your baby soon - do you know of any breeders I bet some people here might know some in your area :wave:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you!

Many thanks to all for your warm welcome! :)

I am going to a toy breed dog show tomorrow, and I also found several breeders on the Breeders.net website, so I am doing my homework! :)

Thank you again for your good luck wishes!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have my girl now :)

I found a link in another message thread here - breeders.net - and after reading all the info, I contacted the one that sounded like the most responsible breeder.
We e-mailed questions and answers for a couple of days and it turned out she had just the puppy I was looking for! :hello1:
I drove over an hour to meet the puppy yesterday, and she is quietly sleeping in my lap as I type this. :love7:
She is tiny and that's why the breeder kept her till she was 4 months old.
She should be under 4lb as an adult.
I am sorry I don't have a picture....our digital camera broke just as hubby tried to take pictures of our new arrival. Doesn't that just figure!!! :roll:
She is fawn and has a beautiful "apple" head.
I picked out a name before I met her - Sofia Bella - but as some of you may know, it's not always a good idea. :D The name just didn't fit her, so we waited. Then hubby walked into the room this morning, looked at the puppy and said...that's Pepita. I had to laugh, but I love the name....it fits her perfectly. :)
I tried to find some sweaters for her at Petco today, but even the XS is too big for her! :?
Anyway, didn't mean to make this so long, just wanted to share my excitement with you. :)
I am already in love with her. :love4:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wave: HI AND WELCOME!!! Glad you found the perfect baby...ABOUT SWEATERS...try socks! yeah, socks :D measure her up and cut little holes for her front legs...is should fit her perfectly...also you can try the same with the sleeves of old sweaters...the elastic looking part goes on the neck...and so on...hopefully you get the idea.. :D Welcome again :wave:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Oh she sounds so cute and sweet!!! I am so happy for you!! you are right about the digital camera thing, it seems they either break or run out of memory or something right when it is a special moment!!! Can't wait for you to fix it and post some that is for sure!!! :D Congrats!!! (that is sweet that your hubby wants to name her Pepita, that is actually really quite cute!!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you all! :)

I will try the socks, Vala444 - sounds like a great idea! :)

We are actually returning the camera, because it was new. But I promise to make a proper introduction of Pepita once I get her pictures on the comp. :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Hello and Welcome and Congratulation on your new baby. Wow that has to be exciting to have a new fur baby in your home. Well, she sounds beautiful can't wait to see pictures of the the girl.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts