Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am debating whether to get another little pup for my Lola. She's 15 wks old now and very nervous and shy and scared of all other dogs and needs lots of help with her confidence. I have heard that another puppy friend can help this a lot? What do you recommend? I can't decide between another Chi or a Shitzu? I also feel that I have enough to cope with looking after Lola as it is.... she demands 100% of my attention. I'm not sure if getting another would help or not? In any case I'm going on holiday in September so I wouldn't get one until I got back when Lola will be 6 months.... is this too late coz I'm worried she'll get even more jealous the older she is? although I could be wrong?!

Love Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am currently looking for another pup as well. My chi is only 9 weeks but she was the only pup in her litter so i couldnt get a sister. My breeder told me to get one around the same age as the pup because an older dog may not be as accepting to a new puppy. I wanted to get an older dog (6months - 1year) so the pup could learn from it but she said not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I brought "Teddy" home when Bruiser was only 6months old. It was the best decision I ever made! They have been "Best Buds" ever since! I had to supervise their playing at first because of the size difference. Other than that it was great! :D

sandra
www.chloescustomharness.com

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
i just got a female chi and moka (male) tried to hump her the first few days but he doesn't do it now. but he still has issues with lets her have time with "HIS" FAMILY. and when i touch her he jumps in front of her or sits on her to get to me .
i try not to yelll at him but some times I think he hurts her,but she seems to be cool with it so i guess it oh k :lol:

but his he's more oh k with being left in the house and in his creat so i think 2 dogs are better than one!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I do think another pup would benefit your girl. I have a Shih Tzu and a Chi. I am really wanting another Shih Tzu and another Chi. They both are very addicting. :wave:

Leslie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts