Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forget what one or a few of u said that u gave ur pups have vacc. and it did wonders and they were up and walking around ... but sera, today, is just not acting like herself.. she can barely move, and she wants to play but just cant. i feel SO awful about it, i dont think that baby asprin did anything for her though! :(

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Yeah it may take a day.....dont worry MOM, I am sure she is ok, sometimes they get off days anyways not necessarily from a shot :wave:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Yup it is normal for them to act lethargic and sleepy after having a shot..and as KemosMamma said, they have off days themselves just like we do. Just keep an eye on her! :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok! Thanks guys, sorry.. im a bit paranoid .. lol shes almost like her old self so i have nothing to worrie about. oh yeah, and ive gotten my dad to feed her treats (completely off subject yea i know lol) but she took them and gave him a kiss!!! :D (she was scared of him) :D :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, I agree... some of them have a bit of tired blah day after shots. i had one little one that layed around 3 days before he was back to himself.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
yep, listen to everyone here, it's normal to be sleepy for up to a couple days after the vaccine. getting a booster reminds the body to respond to a specific infection, and the body produces quantities of antibodies. This reaction can cause them to feel a little sick, or show minor signs of an infection. Don't worry, your little chi will be fine! However, you may want to keep in mind, that some animals have allergic reactions to the vaccine, or to the vaccine adjuvent. It is very rare, and usually apparent within the first 6 hours of injection. good luck with your little one -nate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.