Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at Petco today looking for hemostats before taking Abby in for her last check-up before the puppies come, and they had Thundershirts. I bought one and when I got home, I tried it on Chumley. Epic fail. lol Should have know it wouldn't work on a half Basenji. So I tried it on Reggie who, if I leave the dog room, with bark constantly with his annoyingly high pitched bark until I come back. Total success. I was able to leave and go into the living room and talk with my son and not one bark from Reggie!!! It was awesome. I will try it later on Delilah when my brother in the wheelchair comes home and see if it stops her from barking at him.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is good to know. I may have to try one with Bandit at bedtime. If the cats so much as walk across the floor in the kitchen (two rooms over from the bedroom) he barks like crazy. Finally this morning I tried holding him close and that seemed to settle him down. But when he got too warm he wiggled out and we started up again.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My little Emmie, who has epilepsy, is calmed down alot with the thundershirt. I love it. She quiets down from her 'panic' state right away. I missed a dose of phenobarbital last week, and she was very anxious, running away, thinking something is chasing her etc. With the shirt she is much better. She is better now. Sue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts