Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I also saw this cute lil girl...yes girl lol when I searched in a different area, its just over an hour away from my house. I have been e mailing with the breeder and so far looks good....so this is more likely going to happen! Fingers crossed. This pic is of the brother, the breeder is at work right now so she doesn't have a pic of the girl until she gets home. This is what she said to me...

The girl looks a bit different, but close.
She is black on the top and white on the bottom, i guess would be the best way to describe her. She has white paws and belly, a white collar, white nose and some white on her forehead. She is very cute. She's got the dalmatian print on her paws.

would white nose mean the snout? and collar mean her fur or maybe she comes with her collar?

This is the brother...

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Collar is the color of fur around the neck. Full collar means all the same color in an unbroken ring around the neck.

Cute pup!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
OH I hope she looks like Bam!! Then she'd be gorgeous!!

Pics as soon as you get them so we can all drool over her. :)

Brodysmom

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ohhhh, I can't wait to see her!! You're question has been answered but my entire gang has a "collar"...but Mari & Milo have the full collar (Matilda & Maxies are just about full).

I hope it all works out - her brother is gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:-( Well, another no go :-( This is becoming hard on my heart. The girl looked nothing like the brother. She had no "eyebrows" she had a white strip down her face and a completely white snout. Mean as it is to say, I saw the pic and went ewww. I went into it looking for the black and tan. I would be willing to accept some white on the chest/legs, but I felt like if I got the girl I would be settling and I don't want to settle, so I said no. So I am going to search one more time. I don't want to settle or get a puppy for the sake of getting one. I want the one I want or nothing I guess :-( It doesn't seem so important about he sex. I want a girl, but if I find a boy, that would be ok too. lol Hmmm, I think I am sounding a bit shallow....only settling for one colour type. Is that aweful?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol I re read that and it sounded terrible! lol I didn't mean to say the pups colouring was ugly. It just wasn't what I was hoping to see lol I don't think any chi could actually be ugly lol She was cute as all chi's are but not what I was looking for lol

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Nah, I understand. I've become quite particular with what I like with Chi's too. It's just a preference - that's all. :) I'm sure that little girl will find a wonderful home but it just wasn't meant to be with you. It's good to not settle though because sure as heck the second you did the "perfect" pup you had been waiting for will appear. They will turn up before you know it!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
BTW, I don't think I'd get another pup that didn't have "eye brows" either. But I also like the stripe as well. ;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Are you kidding me honey? You're not shallow at all. I love all little chi's but doesn't mean i want every one of them. A pup either hits you and you just know or not. Don't feel bad about that one bit. The black and tan is just fabulous. It has to attract you physically and then they just win your heart. Please get what you want. I searched hi and lo to get my white chi and i wasn't settling for anything else at the time. I saw hundreds in between but knew i wanted a little shortcoat white girl. Then, there she was. Hold out for your angel. She or he is out there just waiting for you. Big hug for you and Willy. Want some help with chi hunting? It seems to be my specialty lately. LOL.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL well, I have been keeping a very close eye on my site and I have seen several black and tan , one I missed already lol The ad had been there all of 20 mins and by the time I called he was gone. I have sent off a few more e mails to breeders and my fingers are crossed. One or two of them are 12 weeks old, so not tiny puppies but beautiful none the less, and little girls to boot lol ;-) We will see what the morning brings I guess. I am having a harder time with it as well because hubby has me at an absolute strict price and I can't budge with it and its a lower end cost which is whats holding me back. Hubby is VERY firm on it cuz we will have the cost of Willys neuter this month and with the undecended testicle it will be in the $350 range the vet told me. So price wise for a new puppy I am limited. I just e mailed a woman who is selling her daughters 11 week old chi due to her youngest having allergies to it. I would post pics lol but I think I will hold off til I see what turns up in my mail box in the morning. Wish me luck :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts