Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
zoey is in the process of losing her baby teeth and lately she's been acting antisocial sometimes. she used to not ever want to sleep on the floor away from a human but lately she's been laying on the floor (basically on the sun that shines on the floor.... :lol:) sometimes she just sits there -- and seems like she wants to be alone. other times you cannot get her AWAY from you. and she acts totally normal.

could she be sad because she's in pain? i don't know if it bothers dogs to lose their baby teeth or not! her 1 lower canine tooth has fallen out and the other is loose..... on the top, neither are loose but both adult teeth are growing in! she has an appt to be spayed on oct 15 so im hoping that if her baby canine teeth on top haven't fallen out by then, they will just pull them.

please tell me that my zoey isn't depressed .... but that she is just feeling uncomfortable because of her teeth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just common sense here, not a medical assessment, but I would imagine the heat from the sun makes her more comfortable. You know how when you get a tooth ache and you put a hot rag on your jaw? Well, maybe the sun is doing that for her. Sitting in the sun worked to alleviate the pain when I broke my humerus!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Aw I hope she starts feeling better. I read somewhere if you freeze a washcloth and give it to them to chew on it helps if they have pain while teething. Auggie just always chewed on his rawhide.

·
Registered
810 Posts
How old is Zoe again? Poor baby. I do know that chi's just LOVE basking in the sunlight, she probably is just so comfortable that she just doesn't want to move! My Lola is 5 months old and her teeth are bothering her too and she is going through Nyla bones and Greenies like crazy, my husband said last night we are so lucky she chooses those bones over our furniture!! Hope cute little Zoe is ok. :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zoey is 5 months old....

she is chewing like crazy too-- except she chews w/ her back teeth so her 2 top canine baby teeth are retained. i guess the vet will have to pull them when she gets spayed in October. :(

zoey is very funny. one minute she will be sitting on the floor by the sunlight and the next minute she is sitting on your lap making you hold her greenie for her. what a goof... i guess sometimes she just feels like she wants to be alone.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Poor Zoey. I hope she gets back to her old self soon. Mikey is teething too so he has to constantly be chewing on something.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Laying in the sun

One of Dobbie's favorite spots is laying in front of the patio door in the sunlight. He "turns" himself regularly, lol, making sure all sides (including belly) get exposed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts