Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where you guys get your antlers from and what size they are and what's a good price on them? Wanting to get some for my crew.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I got my from bestbullysticks when they have freeshipping....my didn't like the antlers but they love the stingy bully sticks though...:)..

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I got mine on Amazon. $27 with shipping. I have some here that were too big for The Wee's if you are interested? 4 to 5 come in a bag for $27. They are about 5 to 6" long, and maybe 1" wide. I can take pics and measurements if you want them. I bought 2 bags and took the smallest ones out, and ended up with more than 1 bag left. Anyway, let me know. I will sell 5 for $22.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
The ones I have are brand new, never been chewed. I just sorted them from the bags.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do they really like to chew on them? T, measurements would be great. I think Ziva would like them, but not sure if Zoey will or not. Although she is more of a chewer nowadays.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yeah, they chew on them. They aren't stinky and gummy like the bullies. They don't chew on them everyday, but at least a few times a week. I like them because they don't get nasty.

They are roughly 1" wide, and 5" long.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
No obligation Heather. If you feel more comfy ordering online, it will not offend me. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks T! I'm way excited for them to try. Before raw Zoey wouldn't even attempt to eat 'hard' bones like that, she would maybe chew once then give up, now she is a chewing monster! She attacks things she's never attacked before like the edible nylabones & bully sticks. I love it! Call me weird but I love it when I have 'chewy' dogs as I really think it's mentally & physically stimulating for them.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yeah, it's very nice for them to chew. Works those teeth. Mine aren't major chewers, but they do like to gnaw once in awhile. They loved their bullies. The Antlers are hard, so really they just chew at them. But it works their teeth, so I think you'll like that part. I doubt they can actually eat them, though. I'll send them out tomorrow. :) Thank you!!! Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody likes antlers as an occasional chew. These were given to us from a hunter. :)

Heather, I think your pups will like them! That was a great deal from T.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Now that's a Rack!!! :lol:
I know, right?! ha! David let him play with it then he cut it up into manageable sections. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tracy;
I just LOVE that picture of Brody. I'm really excited to have them try them, hoping they will like them.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
We use the buckarooz too and T's got a good price :) Mine don't chew anters obsessively but you often will find one of them off in the corner munching on one when you'd least expect it. Oakley likes them the most, which is odd as she's my picky one. Usually they are $5 each at our pet store for the tiniest ones.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Tracy u know that rack did it have to be cleaned at all?? We have a few deer parks and other than ordering them abroad for a stupid price I could prob steal some out te parks at shedding time but not sure if or how I'd clean them?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i get my deer antlerz from bestbullysticks and i get the small when he was a pup but now since he chews more aggressively i got him a medium and that thing is huge....but whats more crazy is the elk antlers LOL....those are like monsters he plays around with and chews on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts