Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Tucker was a billy goat in a past life, or he's practicing for the future! :D

Do any of your chi's love to climb? Tucker gets into/onto the oddest places, he even tried to jump onto the barstool! He will stretch and pull and struggle, while moving from object to object until he is where he wants to be. It cracks me up but worries me at the same time, that he will hurt himself or get into something meant to be away from him.
Also he has taken to literally jumping into my arms. He will crouch down and then spring into my arms, all on his own.
What crazy antics are you all experiencing?
Tucker is now 4mos old and has been in my home for 3 weeks. I LOVE HIM SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi is a cat. she climbs gates :? and when i first got her she climbed out of her play pen. it's given me a heart attack and i had to put plastic on the gate at the top of the stairs cause she climbs that and teetered at the top of it! yep, that was triple bypass that day!

jumba on the other hand likes to get under things like a lil mole. he's getting under beds, tv stands, dressers everything chiwi didn't do as a puppy he's doing lol.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
scoot is just like jumba..a mole he is always wriggling under gates the gates, i had to raise them 5 inchesso he can get through without getting squished!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
chiwi is a cat. she climbs gates :? and when i first got her she climbed out of her play pen. it's given me a heart attack and i had to put plastic on the gate at the top of the stairs cause she climbs that and teetered at the top of it! yep, that was triple bypass that day!
Elvis definitely thinks he is a cat as well, he climbs into the strangest places to sit. Like the top of the couch, onto the dining room table :shock: , and whatever other high surfaces he can find. He jumped off the back of the couch once and I almost had a heart attack b/c he just doesn't realize how high up it is and his little legs just can't handle it!

He even gets along better with cats, probably b/c my parents have two and my best friend has one, and those are the people he spends the most time with besides me. :p

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget doesn't climb on anything.. but if he wants up someplace he can't get to he will stand there and bark until you either put him up there or tell him no... then he goes off to another thing..

·
Registered
974 Posts
Tucker said:
Also he has taken to literally jumping into my arms. He will crouch down and then spring into my arms, all on his own.
That is SOOOO cute! I wish Charley would do that ... he sometimes whines because he thinks he can't jump up on my bed! :roll: I don't have a cat, goat, or squirl ... I think I have a cow! :lol:

OK ... above I just typed the word C O W and it wrote "animal" ... When did the big animal that gives us milk become a bad word?!?! :shock:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Roie said:
scoot is just like jumba..a mole he is always wriggling under gates the gates, i had to raise them 5 inchesso he can get through without getting squished!!
I think the appropriate phrase here is "he is always SCOOTING under gates!" :lol:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Chico climbs, he loves the back of the couch. He also loves to get under things. There is nothing left for Angelo to do when he gets here.

Chico loves cats but what's funny is that he has convinced both of our cats to act like dogs. One of them even scratches at the back door to go outside. When I let pups out the cat goes too. He even has a potty place by the tree.

LOL our poor animals are having an identity crisis.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My smaller chi thinks she is a flying squirrel and is as fast as lightning! She races across the back of the couch and down the arm and onto the floor in 2 seconds flat! My larger chi, Maybelline, looks like a bat hanging upside down when she hangs her head off the side of the couch. We call her "bat girl" They are hilarious!

·
Registered
565 Posts
bonnie is also a climber. one of the first day i had her home i went to check on her in her pen and she was standing on top of her crate. no idea how she got up there, since it was at least twice as tall as she was at the time. She also climbs up the corners of her pen sometimes and gets stuck there...and sometimes when i'm holding her she'll climb up my shirt to sit on my shoulders. we call her our little monkey dog.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another crazy antic of Tucker's is pawing at my head. If I hide my face he will paw at the back of my head looking for me. Its so funny, feels like he's combing my hair. (I have a tough head I guess.)

When Tucker jumps into my arms he's aiming at my face for kisses.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts