Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone use an iPad to view this site? I am thinking of getting one vs a lap top (which is really more than I need) but one of my favorite things now is to visit our Chi People site....yep, I am addicted:D Anyway, was wondering if pics and such come up ok on the iPad....I know some things do not. Thanks:daisy:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I use my iPad more than my laptop anymore. Oh yeah, pics are no problem. It just doesn't have flash, which has never been a problem.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEAH!!! Now I can order mine...it was the "flash" thing that had me worried (don't even know what it means, but thought it might be important--lol--maybe I should spend some time on my Mac tutorial site in addition to here):hello1::hello1::hello1:

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
I was in the SAME position you are now....... laptop VS iPad..... I went and bought an iPad last week(wi-fi and 3G..64G)... brought it home and it didn't take me long to figure out that it wasn't what I want... I am returning the iPad(I will have to pay a return fee) ... I have 2 weeks to return it... I am buying a laptop.... for what I give for that iPad I can have a NICE laptop and be able to do what I want without all the hassles of going thru iTunes to do *anything* and syncing the iPad ..... blah blah blah...

I tether my cellphone to my borrowed grandson's laptop and love it.... I am actually using this setup right now.... the laptop has wi-fi and if that is not available, I tether my phone to it....

I guess it depends what you want to do with the iPad... I need something for Word, Excel...office stuff.... so the bigger screen on the laptop is GREAT(my eyes aren't what they used to be).... and it loads faster... if you just want email, movies....... simple stuff I suppose the iPad would be OK....just make sure you understand you are going to have to get to know iTunes and all that stuff.... and have a smaller viewing area...I just don't want the hassles...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use an ipad2 and one issue I have is that you can't post pictures that are on your ipad, within a fourm thread, like you can when your on a computer / lap top. If your pictures are already on the web (i.e. flickr) then you might be able to do it but i don't know b/c i don't use any of those file sharing websites.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use an ipad2 and one issue I have is that you can't post pictures that are on your ipad, within a fourm thread, like you can when your on a computer / lap top. If your pictures are already on the web (i.e. flickr) then you might be able to do it but i don't know b/c i don't use any of those file sharing websites.
Thanks Mijo, do you use a Mac computer the rest of the time? I am all Mac here--no PC's anymore, so the iPad seem's logical. I don't know how to upload any pic's from my computer either:( this is something I want to be able to do without using a sharing website...I have iPhoto and would think I would be able to use it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have to mention, if you want a very good resolution pictures, iPad is not very good. And also if you want to do online banking, some of the highly security banking websites wouldn't let you log on for some reasons. They sense that and classified that as "mobile banking". I don't know about USA banks, but in UK, I cannot do any money transfer on HSBC site which is pretty annoying. Otherwise browsing on here is okay. Again, same with FB, you cannot do everything like how you can do using a laptop. Uploading lots of pictures on FB is another downside unless you want to upload pictures on there one by one or using a FB friendly uploader to upload pictures in bulk.

I also find that 3G don't automatically switch on like iphone does if you are not on wifi area, and when you are on wifi area, with strong signal but the connection is still poor. All these new technology has goods and bads, depending how you want to use your ipad. It's still a nice gadget to own though IMO.

PS You can "buy" an application to upload pictures onto forum and FB, which costs very little if you use it all the time. I think it was US$0.99 or something when I bought mine, and you can also get photobucket application for free.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Mijo, do you use a Mac computer the rest of the time? I am all Mac here--no PC's anymore, so the iPad seem's logical. I don't know how to upload any pic's from my computer either:( this is something I want to be able to do without using a sharing website...I have iPhoto and would think I would be able to use it?
Mel, I use a PC and CS4 for editing photos. To post a picture as part of your reply you have to resize the photo to whatever the forum's requirements are, for CP it's 620x280 pixals. Then when you reply to a thread use the "manage attachments" to upload the picture to your response. The picture will appear as a link (for lack of a better word) at the bottom of your posted response. If a member wants to view the picture you posted they just click on the "link". If you use file sharing site it's pretty much the same except people can actually see the picture that you posted without having to go through the "link". Hope this helps and if I explained this incorrectly I hope someone posts the correct information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts