Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the girls spayed on Sunday and I'm wondering if anyone has noticed a change in their girls after being fixed? I know boy dogs can change, but what about girls?

Are there personality changes? Weight? appetite? etc

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Yep, she's more loving than ever and because I have her on the best food, she's maintaining a wonderful weight and I've never got so many compliments on how pretty she is!!! The BIGGEST CHANGE is how much better I feel that I've eliminated any health risks associated with a non-spayed doggie!! lol
I know that any surgery is risky and very scary, but the riskiness out-weighs the future health risks.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
All of mine are exactly the same as before the surgery. I also wondered if I would see any change but I did not. Like Lisa, mine are healthy and happy. Hope's body type is different from the other two so she has the most propensity to get round and she is not as energetic as they. I just watch her shape and adjust her food accordingly. I really want to protect her back and legs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OK, this may sound funny but the only difference in my little Tinkerbelle, is now when she goes to squat, she always lifts one leg. It is not always the same one. It just looks like she balances on three legs. LOL No personality change. She is a cuddle bug before and after. I do think she harasses poor Gandalf more now.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Mine gained weight but other than that she is still a big sweetie pie!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
We were warned to reduce Odie's diet after her spay, because they said they typically gain weight. We didn't reduce her food, as she doesn't seem to ever over eat, and she didn't gain any weight at all as far as we know. I haven't noticed any difference before/after. She humped the cats before, and she still humps them now! Haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
I feel like my Chloe has changed. I think they let her potty in her crate and now she is pooping in her crate at night. She was completely potty trained beforehand. She has also become less compliant getting into things and doing whatever she pleases. I think maybe I babied her a little too much after her surgery because she was so pitiful. I have never seen a dog so sick and in pain. I felt so bad for her. I am reasserting myself as the Alpha in the home and she is finally coming around a bit. I just hope she gets back to her sweet little compliant self very soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts