Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cali is a thief. If there is anything sitting around that looks new to her or interesting to her she walks by, snatches it, and takes off running. This morning I dropped my insurance card on the floor and Cali just walked up, picked it up and ran off. I called her name and she put it down and walked off. She has been caught walking off with all types of things and she tends to hide her stolen goods inside of shoes or in her bed. She will even take one of my boys shoes and they are almost bigger than her. The other chis are not little criminals. Who else here has a thief in their home? What goods have they snatched?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hee hee how cute :D
it's a good job you noticed Cali taking your card so you could get it back!

Sometimes i feel like Fagin.
All three of mine are little thieves, given the opportunity.

Stottie has a passion for socks and i regularly have to check under his blankets and take back his stash.

Atticus will steal any toys the boys are playing with. She sits and waits patiently until they're distracted and then she whips in and takes the desired object from right under their noses. :D
Her crate is usually stuffed with kidnapped items. She also teases the boys with the stolen toy to see if they'll chase her to get it back.

But my favourite larceny event was caught on camera. Older members might remember this.

http://www.chihuahua-people.com/chihuahua-pictures/50053-dief-dief-veggie-thief.html

Here's Diefie caught in the act. (click link)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ohhh, yes, calista is a terrible little thief.
We have to check her bed regularly for stolen goods. USB flash drives are a favourite.
She also steals from mercury the bunnys cage... Mainly greens and rabbit food, but also toys.
If she thinks you are about to take something away she will run off as fast as she can to stop you taking it away. Lol.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Oh yes I have raised my fair share of thieves. Our first chi Munchkin was a Misdemeanor Crime Committing Puppy and mark my words he led the life of crime right till his last days. Jasper was never to bad except when it came to socks and Moose he will take anything not nailed down when he can then stash it in Hannah's bed. If you need slippers her bed is where to look all the time. Our cat is also a thief when it comes to hair clips, ponytail holders, q-tips and any other small objects. He also steals the dog's chewies.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a little thief for SURE! Tink will take ANYTHING and run off with it. My 1 year old is her accomplice though he throws things off his highchair for her. Like spoons, etc.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Kahlua steals my panties. (Like, out of the laundry, not while they're on me.) She also steals OH's boxers. She hoards them under the bed and chews holes into them. o_O I love her and I do not judge. =P

We now keep our laundry basket shut in the closet....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I feel somewhat lucky. Ren (and Rocky) wont steal or chew on our stuff. But if I leave food in my bag, Ren steals it. I recently had a peice of bread in a ziplock bag, and I found her trying to get the whole peice in her mouth (because I caught her). But she has a thing for trying to get into the garbage too and taking stuff out to rip it up (or eat it) YUCK.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Kahlua steals my panties. (Like, out of the laundry, not while they're on me.) She also steals OH's boxers. She hoards them under the bed and chews holes into them. o_O I love her and I do not judge. =P

We now keep our laundry basket shut in the closet....
omg im not the only one ninja and dollie always takes my underwear and when i have people round they always seem to bring them out of thin air :shock:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
LMAO Sam!!! Same as us, it's like they're so proud to show off what they "borrowed" haha! And ya know, my Oh's brother has 2 chi's too; and his girlfriend is always telling me how they steal their underwear too.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
LMAO Sam!!! Same as us, it's like they're so proud to show off what they "borrowed" haha! And ya know, my Oh's brother has 2 chi's too; and his girlfriend is always telling me how they steal their underwear too.
you feel so embarrassed but cant stop giggling all at the same time lol.
and yer the look on there faces is like haha look what i have.
do you think its just a chi thing my bullmastive stella never did anything like this hehe

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yes if Quinn wants it he takes it. Lately it's been the dog toys so that he can hide them from Leah.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ein's favorite game is to race into the bedroom, look at me to make sure I see her, grab a pair of underwear or a sock and race through the house with it. She will even stop half way and make sure I am chasing her. Best game ever until you have male house guests!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gracie reminds me of a magpie...She loves all things sparkly...I really have to watch where I put my jewelry!

·
Registered
31 Posts
LOL! It appears I too may have a criminal in the making! Chloe has been stealing reciepts and underwear. Rather than take them to her bed she takes them to our Boxer (Mocha) 's bed. Maybe she is trying to frame her??

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
LOL! It appears I too may have a criminal in the making! Chloe has been stealing reciepts and underwear. Rather than take them to her bed she takes them to our Boxer (Mocha) 's bed. Maybe she is trying to frame her??
LMAO!! Such devious little beings they are!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Hahaha, Odie's a little thief. We have to be super careful because when we go to try and take it away from her she'll try and swallow it. We learned our lesson really fast when she got a hold of a pill and down it went... and then she had to go to the vet's office to bring it back up. Nothing gets left anywhere near chihuahua level anymore! Little brat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hahaha, Odie's a little thief. We have to be super careful because when we go to try and take it away from her she'll try and swallow it. We learned our lesson really fast when she got a hold of a pill and down it went... and then she had to go to the vet's office to bring it back up. Nothing gets left anywhere near chihuahua level anymore! Little brat.
I hear ya! I have been considering changing Chloe's name to "Don't-Eat-That!"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts