Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see any other chocolate merles. Here's mine! I just love her!
Pecas is her name, spanish for freckles ;) Although she does look like a hyena lol.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I think they are cute. I know a girl who breeds and her last litter she had a few chocolate merle's and blue ones also.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Both Pecas & Gypsy are beautiful!
Go on, tell us your story! I'm all ears. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I was home in maternity leave and wanted to get my Gypsy a friend. I found this great breeder whO had this chocolate Merle. Well when I found out how much she wanted for her I quickly gave up on buying her because the rate was outrageous.
Well a YEAR went by and I was in a better place financially so I decided to check with the breeder again. Turns out the lady who'd originally bought Pecas sold her back to the breeder because she took a better job and was never home. She also had her de-barked during that year :( well when I saw Pecas again I knew I had to get her and take her home. The breeder let me have her less than half the original price. I went to get her and she jumped right into my lap as if she knew I was taking her home. A year later here we are! :). It's pitiful to heat her bark but she's so sweet and lovable and BFFs with Gypsy now :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
So I was home in maternity leave and wanted to get my Gypsy a friend. I found this great breeder whO had this chocolate Merle. Well when I found out how much she wanted for her I quickly gave up on buying her because the rate was outrageous.
Well a YEAR went by and I was in a better place financially so I decided to check with the breeder again. Turns out the lady who'd originally bought Pecas sold her back to the breeder because she took a better job and was never home. She also had her de-barked during that year :( well when I saw Pecas again I knew I had to get her and take her home. The breeder let me have her less than half the original price. I went to get her and she jumped right into my lap as if she knew I was taking her home. A year later here we are! :). It's pitiful to heat her bark but she's so sweet and lovable and BFFs with Gypsy now :)
What idiot would debark a dog!!! URGH! :mad: Poor Pecas. :(

Glad you finally got your dream dog, when it's meant to be it's meant to be! :)
Hope you get to enjoy many many many more years with her and Gypsy!!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I love chocolate merles! I want a chocolate merle long coat some day. They just look so striking.

(Or I could just steal Bijoux... yaknow, close enough ;))

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@the anit de-barkers I KNOW, that really pulled at my heart when I heard her tiny little bark :( Who could put a dog through that big of a surgery! Ugh...

I love my girls, not sure what I'd do without them! They are such cuddle bugs and soooo social! lol

·
Registered
801 Posts
Pecas is adorable!

I actually have been looking for a merle, and wanted a choc merle, however I was discouraged by breeder forums. They listed several health concerns and concerns with breeding merles to begin with.

Have you had any health issues with Pecas that were related to being a merle ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pecas is adorable!

I actually have been looking for a merle, and wanted a choc merle, however I was discouraged by breeder forums. They listed several health concerns and concerns with breeding merles to begin with.

Have you had any health issues with Pecas that were related to being a merle ?
(Knocking on wood) So far she's been perfectly healthy. No problems at all for her. I hope it stays that way! She really is a sweet little thing, very smart and active

1 - 20 of 26 Posts