Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are being evicted by my grandma and have to get rid of the dogs. I'm sad that we have to do this but I want to make sure Gir goes to a loving home and I'd still like to be able to see him if at all possible.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Oh no, so sorry to hear that!
All of your family dogs must go? Including your sister's and the pups?
How many dogs in total? Where will you go? Apartment?
Are you 100% sure there is no way you can keep them?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no, so sorry to hear that!
All of your family dogs must go? Including your sister's and the pups?
How many dogs in total? Where will you go? Apartment?
Are you 100% sure there is no way you can keep them?
Yes all the dogs have to go. We have people coming next week for the puppies since they will be 9 weeks old. We aren't sure where we ill go yet. My mom is planning on us staying in a tent until the weather gets too cold for that.

That is so sad! Why can't you keep them? Is there a reason?
My dad hates the small dogs because they are my sisters (he hates anything that has to do with her and the only reason she has been staying with us is because of my mom, he has let her know she isnt welcome to be around us after we are out of the house).

My mom would like to be able to keep Eva and I'd keep Gir but unless we can find a house that isn't going to happen. There are too many of us to live in an apartment (I am one of 9. There kids that are at home are my older sister, older autistic brother, 2 older brothers, 1 younger brother and my younger sister).

My sister had planned on getting her own place and taking Leah and Quinn with her but she hasn't been able to find a job. :(

Sorry I'm rabbling horribly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Christie. I'll be sure to ask for help if I need. Not sure what we are needing. We have 2 months to figure things out so hopefully things will get better. My parents will be talking to our bishop tomorrow.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Two months gives you a bit of time. Have you tried contacting non-kill shelters
in your area? Or perhaps try and re-home the dogs with friends or family? If you
need ideas on what to write in ads or what kind of adoption fees to ask for, etc,
don't be shy to ask. It isn't easy to place a dog into a good home through
internet, there are a lot of bad or irresponsible people out there, so I would first
try contacting trust worthy friends or family that might be interested, then non
kill shelters, then post ads online. I'm sorry you are dealt such a tough deal, I
wish you strength through it all and please don't be shy if you need my help with
anything at all.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you would be able to work with our Chihuahua rescue in Colorado, and if Gir is accepted into the rescue, I would be willing to foster him in my home. There are several firm requirements to relinquish a dog (we require you to travel to Colorado, provide medical history, etc.) but at least he would have a chance at a very good home. I am only a lowly volunteer with no authority in the rescue, but you could give it a try:Chihuahua and Small Dog Rescue Go to The Dogs>Giving up your dog

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just informed by my mom that my stepdad is going to "make all the dogs disappear" on the 11th. He doesn't care what we are trying to do. We have the 4 small dogs and my brothers lab. All 3 of the puppies have already gone to their forever homes.
My mom, sister and I really dont want to have to give up any of them but my stepdad isn't even conserned about what happens to us kids let alone the animals. :( You can almost cut the stress in our house with a knife. I'm rabbling again.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Nevermind Animal Societies, it sounds like the step-father should be dropped off at the nearest bus stop & left there and that'd be too kind for the likes of him, pffft "make the dogs disappear", I dread to think what the lowlife has in mind.

Briarrose if things get too bad, don't you hesitate to get in touch with whatever authorities there are over there that take care of kids. There's no way they would allow your mama & her kid/s to live in a tent, and there's very good & valid reasons for that, especially over there!!!! Sooner you get the heck out of that sort of environment when you're old enough and make a better life for yourself, the better off you'll be. Study hard and get a great job so you never find yourself in the situation you mama is in.

If I took in a foster kid, I'd gladly take in their pets as well, and I'm sure there are others who would too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts