Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning, hubby gets a bowl of cereal and "shares" it with the dogs!:(
Anyway, while he is preparing his bowl, Angel will get right between him and the counter. Not good for several reasons: it's a bad habit to get into, if a pill drops, he's right there to get it! When I see him, he will go back to his spot, but won't stay there!! So I scoop him up and put him in his crate until hubby is done with "preparation" - he's slow - from Georgia, y'know! (Just kidding) He goes into his crate and is fairly quiet, maybe one little yip. It's frustrating, because he just takes his punishment!!:foxes15: Why can't he just LEARN not to go to the counter area??

Anything else I can do? Or is just going to take hundreds of repetitions?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If he was mine, I'd just make him go back out of the kitchen or to where you want him to be and teach him "wait". It may take MANY repetitions, but he will learn.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Yeah, probably. He only does it when hubby is in the kitchen!

But training hubby. . .forget it! Never gonna happen! LOL

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yeah, probably. He only does it when hubby is in the kitchen!

But training hubby. . .forget it! Never gonna happen! LOL
He's very frustrating, because for such a nasty dog, he does what he is told! Just now I was fixing lunch at work; he gets under foot, I point and say go - and he leaves! But if I try put a sweater on him, he'll bite!! So now he only wears coats with the velcro straps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about training the hubby as well. But in reality you have to say no and to go somewhere and sit and wait. Do this consistently and if they come nudge them gently and push them away saying wait. Eventually they will learn. Good luck!🐶

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts