Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 3 year old cat who is pregnant and i have no idea when she is due but the past 2 days she has been crying a lot really loud and someties really low crys, and in teh past hour she has been crouching on teh floor with her tail in the air and making a lot of noise is she in labour by any chance? she seems in discomfort aswell. and she wants to be with us allways which is unusual
has anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Are you serious you don't know when she's due?? Why was she bred anyway??

Rather than posting on here maybe you should ring your vet!

If she's contracting her somach will tighten but seriously ring the vet

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you serious you don't know when she's due?? Why was she bred anyway??

Rather than posting on here maybe you should ring your vet!

If she's contracting her somach will tighten but seriously ring the vet
yes i am serious and no i dont know as she got out of my mums house!
and there is no need for bitchy comments!!! i asked for suggestion not for someone to be bitchy!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes lets be nice with our comments please. Damage is done so lets offer some support.

Our members here are very passionate about spaying and neutering and not adding to the overpopulation of pets.

DD is correct though, it is definately time to make a call to your vets office, especially if you have never bred and you are not sure what to do. I am not sure if there are any members here that breed cats but if there are then they will chime in shortly and will help you through the other processes but most important is to give the vet a ring ;-) Please keep us updated :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes lets be nice with our comments please. Damage is done so lets offer some support.

Our members here are very passionate about spaying and neutering and not adding to the overpopulation of pets.

DD is correct though, it is definately time to make a call to your vets office, especially if you have never bred and you are not sure what to do. I am not sure if there are any members here that breed cats but if there are then they will chime in shortly and will help you through the other processes but most important is to give the vet a ring ;-) Please keep us updated :)
yeah i understand that and she was ment to be kept in after she had her last litter but she is good at getting out, anyway now im at myn own place and that she is a house cat i will for sure be getting her spayed.
thanks for your input aswell :D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
It's possible that she is having a hard time passing a kitten. It could be stuck sideways or too large for the birth canal. If she is in distress, which is sounds like she is, she needs to see a vet for a possible c-section and assistance with the birth.

If she ends up needing a c-section please have her spayed at the same time!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Agreed. Please take her to the vet!

Update us all when it gets sorted out... and if she does give birth soon make sure to take some photos of the little mites! Hehe.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I wasn't being bitchy and I willgive support, advice an be nice when it's due but being nice all the time makes people think that being irresponsible is okay it's not! It upsets me that these poor animals suffer especially when vets can date pregnancies so the OP would know when the kittens were due! We see so many 'bad breedings' of chis on here where the chis die the pups die and it breaks my heart!

Makes it worse she's had a previous litter too but at least she should have some experience in birth and raising the kittens.

Regardless of my feelings about this thread I hope you have taken her to the emergency vet if a kitten is stuck she could die if you don't get it out quickly. I hope your cat is ok

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
1st I would take her to the vet just to make sure that everything is ok.
Are you sure she is pregnant? With out actually seeing a pic of her, what you are describing is a cat in HEAT! The low crys is what a female will do to call the boys, and crouching low on the floor with tail up is definitely a "heat" sign.
With that aside and if she is infact pregnant, how long ago did she get out? that is the easiest way to determine how far she is along in her pregnancy.
Cats are pregnant for 63-65 days.
she will have milk coming in 2 days before she gives birth, does she have milk yet?
Also what concerns me is that if she is crying like that, it could also be a sign she is crying for her babies, is there a chance that she has gotten out and had her babies outside?
Do you have a whelping box set up for her, somewhere for her and her babies to feel safe?
Has she started "nesting" yet?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I know how hard it is to keep them in! Well, not personally, but...my mom took in a stray...it turned out the stray was preggo so they had her have the litter of kittens, and found them all wonderful homes. They had to wait I believe 2 months post litter to have her spayed for milk to dry up, and somehow...SOMEHOW, she got out, and came back pregnant again, they found out at her spay appt. SO they did the whole bit again, and unfortunately she miscarried the whole litter. They still had to wait the 2 months, but finally got her spayed. Cats can be determined things and I am sure you guys were doing your best to keep her in and cannot have gotten her spayed immediately.

I don't have any advice but that to call your vet, for certain. She may need a c-section.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I will give advice and help in any way that I can but you have to understand that unplanned litters are not good, you really need to desex her ASAP. I am sure that you are aware of all the abandoned animals in shelters and so on.
You said she is 3 years old? to me that seems very old to have not been fixed yet. She should have been done 2 and a half years ago. Well whats done is done so you just have to make the best of the situation.
I also wanted to ask, since you are aware that she is expecting kittens, have you tried to find loving forever homes for them yet that understand the importance of desexing? That is very important as you dont want her babies going through the same thing she is going through at the moment.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know how hard it is to keep them in! Well, not personally, but...my mom took in a stray...it turned out the stray was preggo so they had her have the litter of kittens, and found them all wonderful homes. They had to wait I believe 2 months post litter to have her spayed for milk to dry up, and somehow...SOMEHOW, she got out, and came back pregnant again, they found out at her spay appt. SO they did the whole bit again, and unfortunately she miscarried the whole litter. They still had to wait the 2 months, but finally got her spayed. Cats can be determined things and I am sure you guys were doing your best to keep her in and cannot have gotten her spayed immediately.

I don't have any advice but that to call your vet, for certain. She may need a c-section.
heya yeah she is very determand. but this is going to be her last litter. she got out through a window in the kitchen so she was very eager to get out. no taht i keep her in as i live on my own with hubby and she is now a house cat and now can be spayed once the kittens leave her :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will give advice and help in any way that I can but you have to understand that unplanned litters are not good, you really need to desex her ASAP. I am sure that you are aware of all the abandoned animals in shelters and so on.
You said she is 3 years old? to me that seems very old to have not been fixed yet. She should have been done 2 and a half years ago. Well whats done is done so you just have to make the best of the situation.
I also wanted to ask, since you are aware that she is expecting kittens, have you tried to find loving forever homes for them yet that understand the importance of desexing? That is very important as you dont want her babies going through the same thing she is going through at the moment.
the thing is i got her at 2years old and she was pregnant then so i had to let her have the kittens and she got out through the kitchen window :foxes15: and yeah i have loving homes on stand by for her. as i said in the post above she is now a house cat and will be spayed asap! :cool:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
How is she doing this morning?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts