Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Samy who is 2 and Sophy who is 4 mo. Samy has used my sofa as his potty pad several times (#2). He does it right in front of us! I was very firm..and told him NO..took him to his potty pad. Now last night he peed on my couch. The couch is only a couple months old..so Mommy isn't happy with Samy! He just hardly ever uses the potty pad for #2. He will just go in the kitchen..or where ever he pleases...right in front of us! I don't know what to do. We give him just as much attention as we always have. He is spoiled rotten..sleeps between us under the blankets! He is treated like one of my kids. I am sure that he is doing all this because of Sophy..but I don't know what to do about it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Is this just since the new pup has come along? He was good before w/no accidents? Sounds like a jealous issue. Good that you give him lots of attention. Maybe try to have 1 on 1 time w/out the pup around??

I am sure someone w/multiple dogs can help out better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Samy never had accidents before Sophy came. We go out of our way to give them both the same attention. If one get's a treat..so does the other one. They are both on the couch with us..getting attention. I just hope he get's over it.. I don't know that I can handle constantly picking up Poo..anywhere he decides to put it :( Sophy still sleeps more than Samy..so when she is zzzzzz..Samy get's all the lovin.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You might try this.....

Put Samy first. I don't mean to favor him over Sophy, but feed him forst, pet him first, treat him first. He was your first baby, the alpha. Samy's afraid his position in the family is in question so by doing this he'll know he's still your 'favorite'. Sophy won't know the difference, she knows she's #2.

I do this with my parrots and it makes all the difference in the world!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts