Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I got the name right. I've had Chico on Blue Buffalo Life Essetials Puppy food. I got some sample bags of Chicken Soup for the Puppy Loves Soul and I'm thinking to switching to it. Does anyone feed their Chi this?
He seems to like it just as well as the Blue Buffalo. Are they in the same quality range?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
When I first rescued Jazz at 11 weeks she was VERY sick. I had Tango on a grain free kibble, and wanted to ultimately put Jazz on the same food, but the vet and I felt it would be better to start her out on a superior quality kibble that had a little more food variety and was nutrient-dense, as I was weaning her off a very crappy, no-name brand of adult dog food.

I chose the Chicken Soup/Puppy Lovers, and she ate that exclusively, supplemented just a bit with some of the canned, to get her appetite back up. She did really, really well on it, no digestive issues from the transition or from it being a much richer food than she was used to. It's the food that, along with excellent Vet care, restored her to full, vibrant health. She's no longer on it, only because my ultimate goal was to feed her a grainless kibble (Orijen and Evo Innova) and not because I didn't like it.

I highly recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts