Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when we took Lola and Quark to the park we met a mini poodle and a yorkie well Lola was an Jerk she was growling and trying to run from these dogs... I know she isnt socialized very well around other dogs So i was wondering if you had any tips on how I can work with her on this.
Its so very frustrating and embarrassing :( Quark Likes to bark in there faces and sniff theres bums when they arent looking but as soon as they trun around its bark bark right in there faces... Ugh!!! Please Help!!!:foxes15:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
the more you socialize her the better she will be. just explain you are trying to socialize her. they have a Bark in the park end of July i will bring Amberleah to get her socialized.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I was socializing my Boxer-mix Jade, to get her use to meeting other dogs in a non-fight-to-the-death manner, we'd walk with new dogs she met. I'd take her to a friends house who owns a friendly Golden and we'd go on walks. This is a non-confrontational way for dogs to get to know each other. It may help Lola get to know a new dog and feel safe at the same time, because she'll experience the new dog in a way that gives her time to see that the new dog is not a target and is not going to hurt her.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I was socializing my Boxer-mix Jade, to get her use to meeting other dogs in a non-fight-to-the-death manner, we'd walk with new dogs she met. I'd take her to a friends house who owns a friendly Golden and we'd go on walks. This is a non-confrontational way for dogs to get to know each other. It may help Lola get to know a new dog and feel safe at the same time, because she'll experience the new dog in a way that gives her time to see that the new dog is not a target and is not going to hurt her.
I will try that! thanks a bunch :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts