Chihuahua People Forum banner
41 - 60 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
i think the idea of a meet-up like this sounds absolutely great. But im not going to be able to go, used to have a bf from birmingham and it took me 6 hours to get there - and i also think it would be too long for my poor girl to travel. Pity aswel it sounds like so much fun! :cry:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
:wave: Ow k.. well there will be complications like trying to make it fair for everyone... a time and date will also be hard.. but were gonna try our best. Birmingham has not been confirmed.. although it does sound best as its the middle... I beleive thats fair though others may totally want it somewhere else. Lets see the replys from people.. I'll make a big list of people whom are interested (obviously you are) andthen we can go on to discuss a place.. for now... lets get the interested list up :wink:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
THE INTERESTED LIST

This is just the ineterested list... no people... chihuahuas... place.. or time are defenatly confirmed yet... watch this space!!!!!!

me (Stef) + lil pup
Jayne + Tyson
Sara +Fizzy Dave
Vicki + Jaco + Ruby_ Tyke
Zoe +Jack+Bella+Chico+Lottie+MORE
Clare + Jon with Ozzy and Lilly!
Chilady + a her chis!
Lovelychipupz + coco

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I think to travel from scotland is a long way why dont you see about organising a meetup from scotland as we have quite a few members from there then it wont be as far for you all :wave:

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
awwww birmingham sounds like a great place to meet im always up there for shows etc this sounds like fun how will we sort out a place etc for meet though

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Im not good with places but i know ther is a big park in brum where they hold concerts etc - maybe stef will know what its called :wave:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hmm, I'd be interested especially since Lexi came from Birmingham and travels no problem at all, but I think Birmingham's quite far south, it's not really the middle for the people up in Scotland!

A seperate meet up is a good idea, we've been trying to do it for ages with little luck. I think a BIG meetup is a brilliant idea and that the people from Scotland should go too.

The hardest thing will be to pick the location, some people's Chi's will not be able to travel very far but then some of us live very, very far away!
I live up near Glamis in east Scotland, and although Lexi would travel fine, I can't speak for the other keen people who live far from Birmingham.

When roughly would the meet up take place? Do you think the weekend would be the best time for everyone?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
When are you getting your pup?

Even if people don't have a Chi yet, it'd definitely be worthwhile coming along, it'd be a great way to see what they're like and get firsthand info from owners.

I'm a My Little Pony fan from childhood so if THEY can organize a giant UK meet up then surely the Chihuahua-People meet up can happen!!

Maybe one day we'll have a WORLD Chihuahua-People meet up, mwahahaha!! :twisted: :lol:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Whereever we are its going to be far for some people I think it would be great to have a bhuge meetup but people arent prepared or there dogs arent - too travel that far and the midlands is in the middle of Engalnd lol plus my dogs get stressy in a 10 min car ride to my moms so I couldnt travel for more than an hour or so :wave: but i mean thats my problem so you guys carry on and organise somewhere were you think is more central :wave:

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Ok girls :wave: I know Birmingham like the back of my palm (is my freckle on the left or the right?) :? lol joking...
no I do no it very well.. takes about 2 hours on the train..
but for all people that may travel from London Ill tell you this :D I for one love the new Virgin trains.. I buy kfc... sit back and relax lol but thats me :wink: My nan always takes her staff on that journey... dogs shouldnt be a problem.
Right parks in Birmingham... I know Bearwood... its my childhood park that my grandad used to take me too :(
But theres quite a few parks there.. also the city centre (is right where you get off of the train at birmingham new street coming from london euston) is quite cool.

But Im unsure is Birmingham has been confirmed.. whos confirming lol :oops:

Iona hun... could you not come to Bimingham just for one day so we could see Sexy Lexi?
:( please with a cherry on top!!

As for a date or the weekend.... i think if we find where its going to be.. then everyone can start suggesting dates and times.. but i think the weekened would be best.. depending on everyones scheduals.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Nona said:
When are you getting your pup?
Chilover-london (ona) is getting her pup mid-october

Maybe the meetup could be November.. 3 months notice?
Then we could do a big build up to it...
Also if anyone living outside the uk is in the uk at the time.. feel free to invite yourself :D

41 - 60 of 241 Posts