Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been feeding Wellness Simple, Lamb & Rice canned for about 8 months now. We switched to this from ZP because of the stomach problems we had about 9 to 10 months ago. I wouldn't normally choose this food over other products I feel are better, but it has worked like a charm. Not a bad food at all, but I was more satisfied feeding the ZP. But it wasn't setting well on their stomachs, so I guess I can't do anything about that. Anyway, my question is. I have noticed a change in color and consistency in the canned food lately. And recently I have noticed that all 4 pups stool is turning white after it sits like when they were on ZP. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same?

Wellness is not one of the companies that outsourced. I have a call into the company, haven't heard back yet.

Stool still nice and firm, very small, no smell.

Opinions?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Gross, T...I was eating breakfast. JK. But that's really odd...they almost look like raw poos...but I'm no poo expert. Maybe someone else has an opinion?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
T I think it is because they are able to utilize the nutrients better from the food. When I was doing research on the 'white' poop when I switched to raw, this is what I found:
----
The poop turns white because there's pretty much nothing in it. All the nutrients in the proper food (such as RAW, for example), goes into the body and nothing gets wasted, so not much gets into the poop, and as a result, the poop comes out with little color and in smaller sizes.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gross, T...I was eating breakfast. JK. But that's really odd...they almost look like raw poos...but I'm no poo expert. Maybe someone else has an opinion?
I sowwie. :D It does look like raw poos. That's what they looked like when they were on ZP. I'm hoping that the "change" in the food has been a positive thing. It was working 100% perfectly for us anyway, and now I think it's working even better. :lol:

T I think it is because they are able to utilize the nutrients better from the food. When I was doing research on the 'white' poop when I switched to raw, this is what I found:
----
The poop turns white because there's pretty much nothing in it. All the nutrients in the proper food (such as RAW, for example), goes into the body and nothing gets wasted, so not much gets into the poop, and as a result, the poop comes out with little color and in smaller sizes.
That's what I remember reading when I researched it. Their poos were just like that on ZP. I was puzzled by the change in the food, and contemplating changing. But I'm thinking this is a change for the better. Just wanted to get others opinions.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
They may well have changed the ingredients idk how strange it's deffo not a bad thing though have you seen any other changes other than the poo?? They look like raw poos from a just chicken diet to me because of the colour :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They may well have changed the ingredients idk how strange it's deffo not a bad thing though have you seen any other changes other than the poo?? They look like raw poos from a just chicken diet to me because of the colour :)
Nope, no other changes. Everything was great before, now even better.

Max eats the Wellness brand and when I had him eating some canned, his was like that too.
Mine have really done awesome on this food. We tried so many others, and it just didn't work out. Their poos were perfect before, but now even more perfect. After going through months of tummy mess, this really makes me happy. I constantly question my food choices, but I think I'm staying with what I'm feeding. This food has been more consistent in giving them no problems than anything I've tried so far. So hopefully I'm making the right decision. :) I was puzzled by the change in the food, but I’m thinking it’s a step up for the company.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
So hopefully I'm making the right decision. :) I was puzzled by the change in the food, but I’m thinking it’s a step up for the company.
Haha, perfect little wee doo's. It definitely seems like you're making the right decision, T. I know how frustrating it can be when your little ones are sensitive and how great it feels when you hit upon a food that really works for them. I'm so glad they are doing so well on it. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, perfect little wee doo's. It definitely seems like you're making the right decision, T. I know how frustrating it can be when your little ones are sensitive and how great it feels when you hit upon a food that really works for them. I'm so glad they are doing so well on it. :)
Lol @ Wee Doo's! How cute! :D

Thank you Paula! I can only hope that I am. I was going to switch to ZP canned, but it is so pricey! I can't help but wonder what added benefits I'd see in the price difference. This one cost $2.49 a can, I think. I buy it by the case. And ZP is $4 something a can. Outrageous! If I knew that it would be beneficial to them, I'd switch in a heartbeat. But they are just doing so well on this. After going through all that mess, I wondered if we would ever get back to awesome poo's. I think (crossing fingers) we are on the right track now.

Right now I'm thinking I'll alternate between ZP and Wellness. Morning ZP, evening Wellness. I want to start conditioning their stomachs back to variety. That's the only problem we have now. Anything other than their food doesn't set well. So slowly I think we will get everything in sorts.

:hello1: OH T, what nice poo!
:lol: Thanks Pam! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts