Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with their Chi? I just signed us up to walk for our local humane society to help with their annual fundraiser. You can bring your pets along for the walk so we're trying to decide which ones to bring.

We're definitely bringing Roxy because she has SO MUCH energy that anything can help her release it is a good thing.

We are currently going between Riley and Lily. Lily is bigger (by 2 pounds) but Riley is taller and a slightly better leash walker. Daisy is out because she's too small- I'm afraid she'd get stepped on.

The total distance is one mile. You have 30 mins to finish so it won't be a fast pace and all of the girls have (and normally do) walk further. The new addition will just be LOTS of people (probably). SO what do you think?

Oh, here's our page: Bark in the Park 2011

if anyone wants to support us :p or just be nosy and look.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think you'll get along fine with a walk. If you're worried, you could put them in a stroller to protect them. When I take the dogs into a crowd, I might put them in their stroller so they will stay put, not get stepped on, etc. My stroller has a net cover that I can zip closed and the dogs are safely contained. They can see everything, but can't wander around or be touched or picked up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts