Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone used "Answers Raw Pet Food" ?

I am new to RAW and starting Milo out on Stella and Chewy's chicken patties. But I spent a bunch of time looking at this brand at my specialty pet food store tonight. (I'm not sure if I can post links so just google "Answers Raw Pet Food". )

They have 2 lines "Straight" which is just meat, organ meat and ground bone. And "Detailed" which has some veggies and other vitamins added. I overheard one of the workers there raving about it to a customer.

The ingredients in the "Straight" Chicken: Chicken, chicken liver, chicken gizzard, ground chicken bone.

The ingredients in the "Detailed" Chicken: Chicken, chicken liver, chicken gizzard, ground chicken bone, chicken eggs, green beans, carrots, yellow squash, montmorillonite, fermented decaffeinated green tea, sardine oil, anchovy oil, parsley, vitamin E oil.

Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I haven't tried it. I would want to see one more organ in it, like kidney. Also, I would advise you to buy a red meat (lamb, bison, beef, venison) as red meats are higher in nutrients than poultry. In a red meat pre-made, I'd want to see mostly meat, organs (liver and kidney are the usual ones) and bone for the calcium/phosphorus. The addition of vitamins/minerals is pretty standard. The veggies/fruits are optional and not needed, but they are OK to use in a rotation. I wouldn't feed a premade with veggies every day, but I would use it a couple times a week.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a friend that got some Answers patties, but they didn't seem to agree with a few of her dogs. She thinks maybe it's the green tea, as the raw she used before had most of the same ingredients, save for the green tea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts