Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is not an easy post, but it is imperative that you share as much as possible PLEASE. I have just visited two of our lovely friends, who are competent and caring dog-owners. Recently one of their dogs has had a violent change in temperament, which has resulted in a devastating loss; another one very quickly became listless and passed away in it's sleep. Neither had any congenital conditions or predispositions. Upon investigating the premises and facilities, it has to be said that all of the dogs look healthy, cared for and well exercised, but the smell of Jayes fluid got us wondering. I have scoured the forums, and even read letters, to complainants, from Jayes themselves. I had no idea how vicious such a popular disinfectant could be! We have read accounts of dogs becoming confused and Agressive, passing away unexpectedly, developing serious long-term health issues and, in one documented case, a Vet found the fluid to be the cause of a dog having a completely rotten digestive system. It is LETHAL to cats, because of their unique physiology (which even lead to the death of a Lion in a well-known zoo, some years ago). Although it is considered to be the best outdoor disinfectant and therefore assumed to be safe for animals, I can safely say that the company have made it clear that they accept no responsibility for it's affects on animals. They take the approach that a small warning is on each bottle, with clear dilution and resting instructions; therefore, pet owners, are receiving sympathy, but that is all. I hasten to add that Jayes is an incredible disinfectant and deodoriser, but it IS NOT safe to use around your animals, diluted or not. After seeing first-hand the affects, and trauma caused, I am begging you. DO NOT use Jayes fluid/black disinfectant to clean kennels/pet areas. It is not safe to be used around animals (though I have not seen any evidence of it harming horses and cows, etc...) but its poisonous affects are well documented and, to my mind, it just isn't worth the gamble. Please, if you use it around your animals, even if you've used it without apparent affect for years, stop now! It seems that most vets agree, and hundreds of undeserving cats, dogs and caring pet owners, have already learned the hard way.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,989 Posts
Thanks for sharing!!!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top