Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my chi puppy about 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden she acts like she doesn't like me. She chooses every other person over me and often runs or squeels when I go to pick her up. Yesterday I was praising her for using the litter box and I picked her up to give a treat and she started screaming. I get very upset that she doesn't seem to like me. I think maybe because I am the one disciplining her. Also I am with her most of the day because she goes with me to work and she is used to me being around so maybe she just gets excited to see my boyfriend and others. I am sad that she doesn't seem to like me. Sometimes she ducks from me as if I am going to beat her or something. It's very odd since I would never even think of doing such a thing. Please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Hmmm...I'd say it's probably because you're the one doing the disciplining (sp?). But I don't know...

I do know that Lina is often more excited to see my bf than she is to see me at times since I'm with her all the time and he rarely home. I wouldn't worry too much about that. I know most of us have that problem.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Seiah is also with me all day, so when I go home he obviously is going to be excited to see everyone else.

As far as the disciplining thing goes, Seiah overall will follow me throughout the evening, and I am the only one disciplining him. I don't know what it could be, but I hope you the best of luck. :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Chico's excited to see EVERYBODY! I'm at home with him all day, but when my hubby comes home from work, he gets super excited...when other people he knows come over, its the same. When I go out though and don't take him, he gets really excited when i come back. The only time he doesn't get excited to see people is when he doesn't know them.

I don't think disciplining would make her not like you...if anything i would think it would teach her to respect you. when i discipline chico (which is very rarely) he always follows me around as if he's trying to apologize for what he did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts