Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! OK, I know that I am probably just crazy, but does anyone else love the smell of their chi? I have had dogs my whole life, and am not offended by that 'doggy' smell, but this is different. My Chihuahua actually smells GOOD! He has this sweet musky smell. My husband even likes it and sniffs him every time he picks him up. Is this normal for a chi? Is it something he will grow out of? I just love his smell. Anyway, crazy, I know. Just wondering...:)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
LOL!! I dont think your crazy:) I smell my dogs all the time. Even tho I dont think they smell like anything. Mine are Raw fed so never any doggie smell. I had my sisters dogs for a week (they are raw fed too) and when one jumped in my hubby's lap he said....hey..you dont smell like our doggies. I thought it was funny because I didnt know he smelled our dogs:D

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i try not to smell my dexter when hes sleepin as hes always fartin in his sleep. so today when i was sleepin he farted in my face and i wokeup... :( LOL~ i always smell his feet though. they smell like fritos, doritoes, and burnt popcorn at times, always a diff flavor everyday yumyum :albino:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Chico's feet........ Love to smell his feet :)
Yes! I LOVE dog paw smell, I always smell their paws. I do think chis smell differently than other dogs. We have three chis and a lab, and about a month or so after his bath he starts to get "dog smell", but our chis just dont.
I do love to smell Reese's fur, but I think its just that I love him so much that his smell is comforting, more so than he has any special, perfumey odor.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I love the way my chis smell. So I don't think you are crazy. I snuggle up to them and they just still have that puppy smell. Love it. :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Poor Dexter...is he always gassy? LOL My Chi's haven't been gassy at ALL since cutting grains out of their diet. :confused: Maxie had horrible gas before that. Good lordie!

I LOVE a freshly bathed Chi. They don't really smell otherwise. Except their feet & the corn chipy smell which is just weird. LOL

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Poor Dexter...is he always gassy? LOL My Chi's haven't been gassy at ALL since cutting grains out of their diet. :confused: Maxie had horrible gas before that. Good lordie!
Same here exactly. Cutting out grains made a huge difference here as well. Pip and Roo are never gassy now, whereas before they were really gassy.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Mine dont smell of anyhing after i bathe them, but when it gets to the 6 weeks mark i love their smell, it's like baked goods. lol i then wash them though.
I love their feet smell aswell. haha!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK... So I am no entirely crazy! Chippy does smell good to me, and I agree, the feet do smell corn chippy. Very weird! Lol!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Chico smells good all the time, except when his ears need cleaning. Then he has a funky yeasty odor. Once I clean his ears, all is well with the world. He is back to smelling good.

·
Registered
322 Posts
No...not crazy to me!
I used to LOVE the smell of my Yorkie...(lost her very recently) I still smell the little teddy she used to sleep with...I don't want that smell to ever fade. :-(

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My lot are quite rough and tumble so I only like to smell them in the period between their bath and when they roll in a muddy field!!
(although it doesnt stop me burying my face in their coats for kisses even if they do stink of mud!!LOL)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts