Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winston keeps scooting along on his tummy on the rug, with his little legs dragging out the back. We thought his vest might be itching him so we took it of but he still did it 3 or 4 more times. His skin on his tummy seems fine, no rash or hives or anything so i'm puzzled as to why he keeps doing this, any ideas?

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Obviously it's a common thing that neither of my others does. It's very cute when Winston does it, it looks like he's trying to swim.

· Premium Member
10,023 Posts
We call it the army crawl too as it seems BG is too lazy to go get something so she crawls there. Also she and my hound Gibbs will sometimes lay "frog style" with both legs straight out behind them

· Registered
89 Posts
We call it the army crawl too as it seems BG is too lazy to go get something so she crawls there. Also she and my hound Gibbs will sometimes lay "frog style" with both legs straight out behind them
Odin sometimes lays "frog style".lol. His little bottom pokes up behind him and it makes him look like a little turkey from the back.lol

· Registered
5,191 Posts
Does it count if a Maltese does it? Gidget does it all the time. Especially if she just wakes up from a nap. I think it's the cutest thing I ever saw. It's like, "OOOOOh, gota stretch these short, little legs!" The other thing she does that's so funny--she will come running up to you and flip over on her back for a belly rub and do an extra little kick out of her back legs to make sure they are reeeeaaal straight!

· Registered
1,597 Posts
Its a commando crawl in my house and 2 out of 3 do it!:D Heidi only does it when she is on top of me though!(she will stretch out and crawl up my body until she can drown me in doggy spit!LOL).
Hannah is the best at this. As a Chiweenie something about the leg to tummy ratio makes her the perfect shape for it. She will often get off of my lap by dragging herself to the floor in a crawl. Also whenever we are on a walk she cant seen to resist a patch of something soft like clover and will flop dramatically to the ground then commando crawl through the grass!:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.