Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive always thought about doing it. My son moved out last year so we have the extra room.

Anyone ever do it? It would only be for 4 weeks...July to Aug....while they are here to attend English school. I think it would be interesting for my kids to learn about another country first hand.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Growing up, my best friend's parents used to host exchange students from Mexico. Boy, if they knew the trouble we got into with those students...I don't think they would have ever been invited back. As an adult, that experience made me very hesitant to do it!

But, my sister in law (in Ontario) has done it for years with a young man from Japan, and it has been an amazing experience for her and her children.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Yes we have done it with students from many countries china,Japan, brazil, Spain, Korea, Russia etc The Japanese and Chinese are the most polite and study hard some of the other ones were bad staying out all night not going to school etc we've had them age 10-23 for many years

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'd love to do this...I don't really have a nice room for a student though. I would do it if i did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I currently live with a host family, and we hosted a German exchange student for 3 weeks when I was a sophomore in high school (then she hosted me that summer). I'm in Rotary, so I am definitely thinking about hosting exchange students in the future.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your replies. We are participating and are very excited. Our student is a 14 yo girl from France. She arrives the beginning of July and stays for 4 weeks. What I like about the program is my teenage daughter is able to participate with her and gets 60 community service hours towards the Bright Futures scholarship:hello1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts