Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Was mooching round waitrose (our higher end supermarket) and saw wood pidgeon it was £2.99 for a whole one so I thought I'd treat the girls and see how it goes!!
Anyone fed it before??? It says it can be traced back to exactly where it came from interesting!!!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
LOL - I read your title and was coming on to say that "yes I feed the woodpigeons "- but as in we have two pairs who are always in our garden - wood pigeons are bigger and fatter than the usual pigeons, they are gorgeous and I always put food out for them in the winter. They steal all the cherries from the cherry tree and they are so big that when they land on a branch the branch sags - I love them :)

Not what you were asking tho :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahahaha Jane that's so funny lol um well I have one in my fridge lol my two would be after the ones in your garden like a shot!!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
ha ha Jane! That's funny!! I feed birds too.... we mainly have wrens and finches. I like the goldfinches the best.

Sarah - sounds like a treat for your girls! Let us know how they liked it.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do i feel quite bad you knjow checking out the pigeons outside thinking omg the girls are eating your mum for dinner ha ha

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
LOL Sarah!! Brody ran outside this morning and almost caught a dove that was eating on the patio. He has had several close calls with birds. I wonder what he would do if he actually caught one?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine chase them in the park up trees.. Lotus started today in the park literally just flew off after it jumping up snapping her jaws (hahahahaha she looked so funny coz she's teeeeeny) I think mine would eat it.. they wouldn't think twice.. even the feathers (Gross)

Brody's a bit more picky.. so who knows maybe he thinks he's a cat lol

urgh makes me cringe id be mortified if they caught something especially if other people were around id be like yeah my chihuahuas are actually tigers

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
LOL I feed the dove and sparrows in my font yard and provide them water. Birds are lovely. My cat gets hunted dove tho, my uncle dove hunts in rural area.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
No I never have, almost did though, we had a client bring in 3 babies, but I was still very very new to raw feeding. So my dad fed them to my sisters 45# Python...who thought he had died and gone to heaven.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well daisy wasn't too keen she took forever to eat it. Lotus scoffed hers and was yelling at daisy for some hahaha.. Looks like bat fink will eat the rest I think

Python *shivers*

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol the girls need to eat haha it had roasting instructions um no I would eat it myself lol

I can't feed them rabbit coz abi loves rabbits. Funny enough I don't eat food off the bone yet I can hack up stuff for the dogs wierd

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'm a vegetaian and I'm cutting up kidney and live in the kitchen lol! Its amazing what we can do for our pets.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha pige I thought of u lol I think daisy was feeling sorry for u lol lotus couldn't care less!! Is apparently a delicacy how gross

1 - 18 of 18 Posts