Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I thought since CC is going to be on a new health kick :) with her new food coming this week and her longer daily walks to keep in shape lol I would buy some fish oil and add it to her food as well as my lab and dobies food.

I have heard great things about it from the natural pet stores and some dogs owners. Does anyone else give this to there chi?

I am sure at the pet store tomm they will tell me how much to give her, but the store workers dont always know the correct amount for such a small dog.

How much fish oil do your chi's get? C.C is about 4.5 to 5 pounds..... Ya she's on a new weight loss program, shes not fat but getting a little round lol.

thanks!:)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody is on salmon oil. He gets one pump several times a week. I have used the Grizzly brand in the past. This last time I bought Plato's which he doesn't like as well as the Grizzly. You can also buy human fish oil pills and poke a hole in one and squeeze it onto their food or into their mouth if you'd like.

To get the most value for your money, use an Omega 3 softgel that provides at
least 300mg DHA+EPA per softgel; or use a liquid salmon oil with the same
relevant percentages, per dose. No Omega 6 or 9, no soy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Brodysmom :)

I am so excited to get CC on this new healthy diet. She doesnt eat bad right now, she eats evo and deydrated chicken for treats. But I know I could make her even healthier :)

I have written all this down, to bring into town with me tommorow, I am going to see whats better/cheaper between the human the stuff and the stuff at the pet store.

Thanks for the information :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I do! :)
They were getting salmon oil, but we just moved on to sardine & anchovy oil which has 30% more omega 3 fatty acids. They really love it, and I know it is so good for them.
It's good to rotate your oils so that your dog doesn't develop an intolerance to them. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Deme I got mine off eBay was cheaper than anywhere and is a massive pump bottle thing. I like that it helps their joints as I'm sooo paranoid

·
Registered
10,596 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I always thought Scottish salmon was the best anyway ;) start them off with a tiny bit and increase it slowly x

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My lot have tinned sardines about once a week, does that count??:D
They seem to really like it plus it has bones in so they get some calcium too. Mixed up with a raw egg + shell and they go mad fer it!!LOL

·
Registered
10,596 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just bought some Grizzly Salmon Oil from the Bone & Biscuit it was pretty darn expensivce.... 16OZ (473ML) for $23.99 C.C's new diet is becoming VERY pricey lol

I should have checked Ebay first. Oh well next time :)

Sounds like most of you on here feed it :) I just hope she doesnt gain weight on it, shes already on new excersize plan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts