Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just arrived in the post and it seems so hard, and although the dogs seems to like it, i am worried they could break a tooth or a bit could break off and splinter.
I also got Ostrich meat, again looks big and hard. lol

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh man i just took it off them and put down some bully sticks, but they are searching for the trachea. lol

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Their teeth are so much harder than we give credit for...MOST chis don't have the jaw strength/capacity to break a tooth even if they nommed like a mad man...I haven't given venison trachea but I've given other types which they did fine with. If you can put it under your foot and feel give when you put pressure on, it should be just fine.

The ostrich is fab and you will see it isn't like a dense hard, and softens a bit when they chew.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.
I gave it back to them, and it is softening nicely as they chew on it.
They are loving it!!
Normally Dillon gets bored with his bully stick and tries to steal one of the girls, but he is so into this trachea that he hasnt lifted his head, neither have the girls! lol

Just hope Dillon doesnt get soft poos now, he gets like that with some chews or treats. x

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Yeah i give them (kristi I think I sent u dime this time too) they are fine Hun they go mental for them

Ostrich is fab we had to get the meat this time too coz there was no tendons in stock they aren't anywhere near as good but the girls love them as a treat they are quite crunchy too

I haven't had any upset bums from them with daisy and you know shes a nightmare so you should be okay!! The trachea are long lasting too

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Ohh...Rico eat other treacea..never had the venison. I bet they love it. Rico chews on rock hard bones--it is amazing. Your p[ack must be having a party !!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually it hasnt lasted well. lol
You only got 6 peices of the trachea, and they got through the first one each pretty quickly.
I had to grab it out of Darla's mouth as she was almost choking on it when it was a little square bit, so i binned that bit after that.

They also loved the Ostrich meat, that is more crumbly though, so they only got a little bit each.

LOL they def were havin a party.
Anytime i went back to the kitchen and they followed me during the day, i could tell they were looking for more. lol
Will defo need to order more, but it is a bit of a rip off price wise and how much you get in a bag. x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I haven't done venison trachea but have done beef and recently lamb trachea. Brody loves them too. They are full of glucosamine so they are super healthy! :)

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i am not sure if was the trachea or the ostrich meat, but it gave all 3 of mine very soft poos.
I thought it might affect Dillon snce he like that with a lot of stuff, but then Daisy and Darla had it aswell.
It's a shame cause they go nuts for it.

I will stop the Ostrich meat and see if it was that though. x

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Ive tried ostrich trachea and also deer sinew with mine and they love it all!!:D Seems like the more disgusting a treat the more popular it is..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts