Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am not familiar with the product but I like to tell you something about probiotics.

Hope you will understand me, because english isn't my first language.

First see the Gi track as an movie theater.
It's filled with seats.
On every seat there is 1 good bacteria sitting. The same as in the product. These will help your dog to break down the food.
When the movie theater is full, people can come in but they will walk through because there is no seat available.

So what will the product do for you???

When your dog is in good condition, it will do nothing, because all the seats are taken.

A product like this will only be usefull if your dog has been sick, has an operation, or has diarria for more than 2 days.
Because above are moments when bacteria get sweept from there seats, and there are seats to fill up.

Hope this will help you. This is what I learned at school, where I studied animal care/ vet assistant. Teached to us by an Vet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Your welcome.

And in here case she probably have to sell out LOL.
I think in here case it will be helpfull. But then I would only give it for a short time, and when her antobiotics are finished, and she is doing very well stop giving it.
About 1 week after finishing antibiotics the theater must be filled ;)

Another thing....

In the Netherlands there is a product on the market named Yakult. It's a probiotics drink for people, you can buy at the supermarket.
This will also be good enough for your chi!!
So if you can buy a similair product in the supermarket for a lower price than the "specially for dogs stuff" I would consider that.
Just give her 1 - 2 table spoons a day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.