Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to be doing it 2 or 3 times a day, b/c the vet saw that my puppy had some conjunctivities when I took him in for the first time a month ago. He's a smart little guy, though, and it's to the point now where he starts squirming like crazy the second he sees the dropper. Most of it lands outside his eye. We can do the brute force thing and hold him down, but I'm ready to cry by the end of that, and he doesn't like any of us for a while after we do it that way. I expect you'll all tell me to toughen up and give him his medicine, but I just thought I would check to see if anyone had discovered some magic elixir for getting a puppy to be cooperative with eyedrops . . .

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
dont know if this will help but I hold the dropper high above the eye and of course they watch it so i tend to go back a little then BAM drop it in,. you have to have someone hold them though. :?
dont they know this is for their own good and should just cooperate :shock:

·
Registered
889 Posts
i am struggling with the same thing. zoey needs eyedrops for her allergies... and she RUNS when she sees me coming with the drops!

i just try my best to hold her down -- and i usually drop from the outer corner of her eye so she doesnt see the dropper coming straight for her eye.

good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I had to put drops in Cody's eyes when he was a puppy. I found it easier to put him on the kitchen island, put him under my arm pressing him into my body, tilt his head up with the hand on the arm that I was holding him with and quickly put the drops in with the other hand. I also gave him a yummy treat afterwards everytime so that he came to learn that something good was coming after the not so fun part. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts