Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to see some pictures as i'm going to see a 3kg boy tomorrow and not sure what to expect size wise!

Thankyou muchly! xx

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Well not 6.5 pounds, but Chloe is 5 pounds and my toy poodle Colette is 10 pounds so he will be somewhere in between. Here is a picture of them both on my lap:

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
A 6.5lb Chi could be quite small or quite big. It depends on their build. Marley fluctuates between just under & just over 6lbs. Here he is...

With my 10yo daughter...he actually looks huge here! LOL

With my 12yo (who is VERY small for her age)

And to show you how "deceiving" weight can be...here is Marley with Maya who is 4lbs 6oz. ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Smoke is a little under 6.5 pounds. Here is a pic with Billy. Billy weighs 5.4 pounds. He is still a very little dog.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies. You guys sure have some beautiful chis!
I've since seen a pic of louie being held and he looks quite small to me.
I didn't realise they would differ so much in shape and size!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I don't have a pic to share, but would love to see the one that you have of your baby. :) 6.5 lbs. is quite small.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Reese is right around 6.5 lbs, fluctuates to just under 7 if we overindulge him with treats or its cold and he is less active. Hes still VERY small, no one would see a 6.5 lb chi and think 'yikes thats the biggest chihuahua Ive ever seen'. He is certainly bigger than some of the tinies, but still smaller than any other small dogs we run into.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Biscuit is 4kgs but looks bigger!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Pinkchi
My lil' guy is 7-8 lbs.
A good size I feel. :)
Blessings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts