Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get one of these for miss leila as she sometimes gets her other harness (over the head) messed up while walking.
Finn has a step in type that i got at tj maxx several months ago and i think i prefer it over the other style.
I am unsure what size to order for her and hoped someone on here may have a chi leila's size and can direct me to a good fitting size.
Her girth behind her front legs is 12.5 in. and her neck is 8 in. i think. :)
THANKS in advance :daisy:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
lol i dont know how many times this subject has been put out on this forum hehehe! thats the only harness i would use for dexter

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I have the step in zebra and the galas baby is about the same size she is chest=11" neck=7" she wears the size small it's roomy in the chest for her but doesn't slip off ninja is a bit bigger and wears the same size I don't have his chest measurements ATM as I'm at work I can measure when I get home for you His chest is probably around the same as leilas I lovvvveeee these harnesses!!!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You know Cheryl, I'll check it out for you, but the one thing I can say for sure
right now is the Puppia step ins are made smaller than the original mesh ones. So
if you take a size xs in the mesh, go for size small in the step in. I'll go see what
sizes I got, meanwhile check out the Puppia website they have measurements
on it which are pretty accurate. Just be careful some of their models might look
the same yet the measurements are different.

: PuppiaUS.com :

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Ok Cheryl, I went and dug through Chanel's baby stuff for you. :)

Here is an example of what I mean about Puppia sizes being all different...
from left to right the sizes are XS, Small, Medium!!! Yet they all look and fit the same.
The reason is because different models are sized differently.

So I think if you go with mesh(left one) get XS, if you go with the step in buckle(middle) get Small, and if you go with the velcro no buckle(right one) get Medium.

Hope that was somewhat helpful! :flower:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
If you get the step in for sure go with small, because the xs is too tiny, and the medium is
Chanel's size which will be too big for Leila. Good luck and post pics of your cutie once you
get the harness!!! :p

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Finn can get his leg through the neck of his Puppia, which is very dangerous. None of the others who wear the Puppia have done that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kind of a stupid question, but is the step in harness the one where it doesn't go over the head. My dog hates things over his head.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Kind of a stupid question, but is the step in harness the one where it doesn't go over the head. My dog hates things over his head.
No such thing as a stupid question.

You are right, your pup would just put each paw through each hole and then
you'd clip the buckle. Step in harnesses come in different varieties and models,
there is a lot to choose from, it does not have to be Puppia. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Finn can get his leg through the neck of his Puppia, which is very dangerous. None of the others who wear the Puppia have done that.
Geeze, poor Finn, that must be annoying for him. Is it the mesh one?
I find the mesh ones stretch out a lot. So it's important to have the right size, have you tried a size smaller?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Her girth behind her front legs is 12.5 in. and her neck is 8 in. i think. :)
I always wonder how big or small everyone's chis on here are compared to Roxy. It's so hard to tell in pictures. I love that Roxy and Leila are so similar! What are Finn's measurements? I wonder if he's bigger or smaller than Roxy!?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hee hee I just measured Finny and he is the exact same as leila.lol I can't believe it. I dbl. checked even. And from neck to tail he is 10 in. He's such a goober , and just rolled all around in his blankets afterwards like he was trying to get the tape measure feeling off of him. :laughing8:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts