Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want one sooooooooooooo bad they're so cute and I'm deathly allergic to cats so i can't get anymore cats with hair (we have 3 but will never get rid of them) I just deal with it the best I can I used to get shots but hated going every week so now I just limit petting and wash my hands and I can't cuddle with them or my eyes will swell :(

I've been looking at rescues but I can't find any near me but today I found a male kitten for half the price of the normal cost of Sphynx's he is the cutest thing ever!!! The higher priced ones come spayed/neutered where this one doesn't but I will get him neutered anyways. I am trying to convince my b/f to let me get it and keep it at his place with Prada since I can't have anymore pets here. His mom wanted us to get another dog to keep Prada company but it's too much responsibility for us to get a 4th so I thought why not a Sphynx lol I hope he says yes!

Here is a pic of him

i think i've got him almost convinced!!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh he's adorable, I just love him! I've never had a Sphynx, but my cousin did. She's allergic as well. She adored that cat so much, he lived to be quite old.

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I've never owned one nor do I think I could, their skin creeps me out (same with chinese cresteds). I do know they can have lots of skin problems, and have a tendancy to build up a lot of wax in their ears.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he said yes hehehehe I emailed the people but they haven't emailed back yet :(:( I hope they do if they do we get him tomorrow!!!!!!!!

we have the name Mr. Miyagi picked out for him haha it may change tho I'm bad with sticking with names

I love your devon rex such cool fur!!!

I'm not creeped out about the skin because NInja my chi is half skin llol

I was reading about cleaning ears which is fine I have to clean Prada's ears once a week because she gets wax build up for some reason.

My friend has a bald chinese crested and she has to put sun tan lotion on him in the summer and has to use those black head removal strips on his back LOL I think it's funny

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they didn't provide a phone # so I've been checking my email every 5 mins waiting for a reply since my junkmail filter is on exclusive due to way too much junk mail and it gets sent to my phone so it is irritating ahhh I hate waiting I really hope they still have him! They posted him almost 2 weeks ago but he's the last one left

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
He's gorgeous! I hope you get him. He's beautiful!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He really is I love him already!! I am dying here waiting for a reply lol I'm trying not to get my hopes up because the ad is 2 weeks old and such a huge difference in price but I am praying for a miracle lol

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hear the jeopardy song playing on repeat LOL!

I found a phone # through another ad they had posted I sent a text message I hope they respond!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I joined a sphynx forum so hopefully someone can help me find a rescue they frequently post rescue links in my area but there is only one atm but it can;t go to a home with dogs :(

I realized since joining how rude people can be, I just introduced myself and stated what I was looking for and how I didn't want to pay $1200-$1500 for one because I am looking more for a rescue than a kitten and then I get this response telling me how I shoudn't get a sphynx because I won't have $ to take care of it and accusing me of feeding friskies cat food lol

Some people really do not think before they speak I hope the poster feels like an idiot now that I replied and told her that I actually feed a raw diet to my pets and my job allows me to be more than capable of affording vet bills!

People can be so unwelcoming sometimes! I know that people go coocoo over protecting their breed but at least ask my situation before accusing me!

Rant of the day :D

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww I'm sorry he is gone.

Good luck in your search finding another. :)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
That sucks that you missed out on him. I love the hairless breeds, and would love to get a sphynx but my hubby would never allow me to spend that much on a cat. I have 2 DSH cats and thats good enough for me. :D

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That sucks that you missed out on him. I love the hairless breeds, and would love to get a sphynx but my hubby would never allow me to spend that much on a cat. I have 2 DSH cats and thats good enough for me. :D
I know I wish they weren't so expensive I am trying so hard not to cave in and pay full price lol They do come spayed/neutered which is a bonus but I don't think $1200-$1500 is cool at all to pay! It's not like I am going to show the cat it's just going to be my baby that gets spoiled to the fullest.

Forgot to add I have a tortishell cat of my own that an ex b/f bought me when I was like 17 years old but she makes me so ill. At the time when I got her she didn't make me sick at all I wasn't even allergic but for the past 6+ years I've been deathly allergic my allergist told me to get rid of all the cats in the house but obviously I said no. I just have to limit how long I pet her and she isn;t allowed to sleep in my room anymore which is fine with her because my chi's pretty well took over my room anyways since they sleep in my bed. I have to try and not touch my eyes or let her near my face which is hard because she's so friendly loves every animal and person in life lol I can't resist kissing her.

I just think Sphynx's are the cutest things ever!!! I read that some people can still be allergic to them but I think it's more the fur I am allergic to because it gets in my eyes and affects my breathing too when my face is too close.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts