Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering on these beautiful harness dresses everyone makes what do you use for the hook and where do you get them? I Also I was wondering if anyone could point me to websites where I could get patterns for itty doggy clothes or if anyone had one scanned in that they could email me. Right now I've just traced out one of Callie's coats and am copying that (it has two flaps around the torso and two at the neck).

Any other tips or great materials and things that you guys could let me in on would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I use ribbon for the harness hook...I just pass it under the needle a few times to make sure it is secure, but you can buy them in the craft store...or even walmart I think. There is a pattern kit for sale for $5 under the bargian section.I just ordered it.

As far as material goes....I like cotton the best, because it seems easier to work with and the edges dont fray as bad......but I also like fleece for the winter clothes, but it is hard to do on the machine, so I end up doing alot of fleece by hand. I stay away from silks and polyesters, but only because they seem to be too hot for the girls to wear, its all a matter of personal prefrence.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
yep that pattern is great i made a harness for scoot.. it is too big though i will try it on my nomar.. other wise.. if anyone has a big chi they can have it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts