Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this play pen or one like it?
I have been researching and I really like that it is round and roomy, good for traveling. I know some on the reviews say theirs have dug out due to the velcro but mine are not diggers. I am not sure what is the best size either. I think the small would be to small in some of the brands. When we go to my MIL's in Raleigh she has a smaller guest room so I need to take those smaller places into consideration. Just curious about your thoughts :)

Amazon.com: Delux Pop-Up Playpen: Home & Garden

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would be a little concerned about cleaning. Are you going to put pee pads on the floor? Looks like you might have to crawl inside if you had to clean up an accident?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have seen a few Breeders at dog shows with their Chi's in these, they looked good to me

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
We have a small one i just zip the top closed though cause Alfie manages too get out too!!
But great for pups the floor bit comes off so we just put pads down (but boys will pee up the sides of it so its hard too keep clean)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
My ex roommate had one and used it for her dogs. I didn't like that it wasn't really sturdy; the one she had was basically made like childrens pop-up tents. It just seemed flimsy, and was more like a kids bouncy inflatable castle because the dogs would just go running and hit the sides and bounce off. Of course if the dogs weren't rambunctious like hers it prolly wouldn't have been an issue lol.
It was a hastle to clean too, everything wiped off since it was kinda like windbreaker material, but they just messed in it a lot and the pee pads slid around when she tried using them.
I prefer the actual plastic playpens but since they don't have 'roofs' the dogs can easily jump out, so it depends what kind of use you expect to get out of it too.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. The top unzips so it would be easy to lean down into it and clean up the floor.

There are several different versions that I am looking at. My guys do not usually play in their crate and that is what I would be using this for. Although they will lift their legs a bit I have never had them pee in their crate with leg cocked so they would just use the pee pad. I am still looking at reviews and seeing what size would be sufficient.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I just got one of these for the new puppy, I *think* it is a different brand, but it looks exactly the same except mine has a pet gear logo over the door. I think the box said "Travel Lite Octagon Pet Pen" but it already went out with the recycling. I was actually surprised with the quality. The fabric is not a parachute material like I expected, it is canvas. And the zippers are very beefy. I guess we will see how it holds up over time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts