Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't usually post chi's on the rescue board just because there are so very many. :( Thousands need homes.

But this little girl picked up as a stray in Ohio is just too cute. They say she's a pom-chi mix. She looks like a chi to me. She is just precious and so very tiny!

I hope she finds a good home. I can't imagine a little one like this running loose.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Pomeranian | Canton, OH | 49 Bean

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
omg i wish i lived in ohio and had the time,money and space! whata cutie I can't believe how cheap chis are at rescues in the us some rescues here charge $500 average is $200-$400 though depending on age and size usually.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, she's only $85 and that includes spay/neuter and shots. If she's already spayed, she's only $35. Bargain for sure.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I want her so bad I can't stand it Tracy. Thanks sooooooo much for posting this here. I hope and pray she gets adopted by a wonderful person who will give this little darling a wonderful home.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robin is going to be at the shelter tomorrow when they open and try and get her out and foster her. She already has a couple people in mind! Yay Robin!!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Robin is going to be at the shelter tomorrow when they open and try and get her out and foster her. She already has a couple people in mind! Yay Robin!!
Yay, so glad to hear that! She's a beautiful little girl! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You probably didn't meet her Kristi. A really nice gal who used to be on here all the time. She has 4 chi's and a dachshund. You'd love her, she's fabulous. :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I think Cheryl lives in OH! But Ithink she was wanting a boy...shes so cute though, you never know!
I live in Indiana, but that isn't very far i dnt think. but I can only get 1 more doggy and i want a boy. :(
She is darling i'm sure someone will get her. bella luna's mommy amber lives in ohio.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Hi Everybody,

Okay, I went to the pound on my way home today. This little girl, who they are calling Bean is so cute. She is 8 years old and weighs 8 pounds. She doesn't feel like she weighs that much at all. I think she's all hair. LOL. The pounds suck as we all know. They have no idea if she's good with other dogs, kids or anything. They have had several calls on her. I will tell you this, she is scared. She warmed up to me a bit and could tell that I was there to cuddle her but she needs to be loved. She appears to be healthy but of course, they will not guarantee anything. Basically they told me, first come, first serve. Whoever is there tomorrow at ten to get her, gets her. The fee is $85 and stupid me got so caught up in every other question, I forgot to ask if she is spayed. I'm going to give them a jingle and find out. This little lover needs a loving home. If anybody is seriously interested, please let me know. I can help get her out and help transport her. I am afraid her age might deter people but let me tell you, she has lots of life let in her. She is soooooooooo cute.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Robin your such a sweetheart! I hope your able to help her.
I miss you and the fur kids soo much!! :)
Give the chi babies kisses for me. Give Coop some extra kisses. ;)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Robin, thanks for going and getting the scoop. Like I said on FB, pics are deceiving as she sure doesn't look 8 pounds in that ladies hand! That shows that 8 pounds is still a very small dog. Most of it is hair, I think! :) Poor baby, so sad that she's scared but wouldn't anyone be. I hope that she gets a great home. I'm glad there's been a lot of interest in her. Hopefully she will go to a great and loving home. She has the sweetest face. Thank you so much for checking on her!!!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Okay, looks are truly deceiving. She doesn't even feel like 8 pounds. I would have guessed her at four or five. She is a pile of hair. They have had over 200 calls on her. They can't tell if she is spayed or not, but refund the money if the vet that you go to says she is. They told me that people will be there around four or five in the am to prove that they were there first. They take cell phone pics of the time and the empty parking lot. Isn't that great???? I love that. She assured me that the little to medium size dogs get adopted and not euthanized. I would be willing to go if I knew I was getting her for one of our people but it sounds to me like this little angel will get scooped right up. Also, interesting fact I learned. If you are adopting any pit bull or pit bull mix, you have to show proof of insurance of $100,000 liability. I didn't know that. Other than that, cash in hand and a drivers license and they check to make sure you have no animal cruelty charges against you. If you don't off you go with the pup.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Robin your such a sweetheart! I hope your able to help her.
I miss you and the fur kids soo much!! :)
Give the chi babies kisses for me. Give Coop some extra kisses. ;)
I miss you too honey. I have been hibernating all winter like I always do but started some rescue work again and OMG, I have to tell you about my latest adoption. You will die. Kids and hub are great, we are all just ready for spring. How's your babies and life??? I wanna catch up soon. Love to you honey.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow Robin!! Sounds like she has had a lot of interest! That's so great! I wonder how many people went early today like you did to really check her out. I hope someone is hell bent on getting her tomorrow and it sounds like they are. Over 200 calls? That's what Facebook exposure can do!! She's been all over there and that pic of her is just so precious. Good for her. I hope she ends up with a fabulous home and NOT just the first person to go stand in line!!! :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Wow Robin!! Sounds like she has had a lot of interest! That's so great! I wonder how many people went early today like you did to really check her out. I hope someone is hell bent on getting her tomorrow and it sounds like they are. Over 200 calls? That's what Facebook exposure can do!! She's been all over there and that pic of her is just so precious. Good for her. I hope she ends up with a fabulous home and NOT just the first person to go stand in line!!! :)
Tracy, the control freak in me says go first, get her, do what you have to do to find her the perfect home. Isn't that awful??? I thought the same thing you did though. What if some idiot that gets there first that wants a fluffy dog gets her and doesn't cherish her??? I wish I didn't think like that but I do. FB is awesome for stuff like this and I so want to believe that she is going to go to a fabulous home.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts