Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a low fever on and off for a couple days now (between 100 and 101), along with a tickly throat, and sneezing, nasal congestion, etc. Does anyone know any tricks to getting rid of this fast? My husband comes home from his week in the Phillippines tomorrow and I would hate to be stuck in bed all day when he gets home! :( Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Theraflu works well. Plenty of warm tea and chicken noodle soup and take ibuprophen per directions until the fever is totally gone for 24 hours. We also do a sinus rinse which helps get rid of the snot.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I feel your pain :( I've been sick for more than a week... Just the usual remedies:
drink lots of water, get extra rest, and wait it out. Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and I hope you feel better soon Therese! Nothing beats all this cold to give you just that...a cold! LOL

Been doing the OJ thing, sleeping a lot, etc. Just cant seem to shake it. :(

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Lots of water, and the vitamin C supps really do work I swear. Whenever my OH feels one coming on he takes 2 a day and it'ls gone within a day or two.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
You can try 1000mg of vitamin C twice a day with a zinc tablet. There are some studies that say it can lessen the severity and length of a cold. If you are running a fever, be aware of pneumonia complications and be sure to take mucinex or similar in order to cough out the secretions before they settle in your lungs and cause problems. If you're still running a fever tomorrow, you should call your doctor.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
i hope you get better soon. im not wella tm neither. Drink soup, helps me sleep and breathe easier for some reason x

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
You can try 1000mg of vitamin C twice a day with a zinc tablet. There are some studies that say it can lessen the severity and length of a cold. If you are running a fever, be aware of pneumonia complications and be sure to take mucinex or similar in order to cough out the secretions before they settle in your lungs and cause problems. If you're still running a fever tomorrow, you should call your doctor.
This what I've heard as well. I've also heard that chicken soup (the real kind) :) is good because the chicken is an anti-inflammatory.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Elderberry syrup works great, but I also found some powdered packets with vitamin C , elderberry, zinc and a few other ingredients in it. It called immune defense by emergen C you can even get it at Wallmart now too. Try that, it will give your immune system the boosts it needs:)

·
Registered
946 Posts
If you haven't tried GSE (grapefruit seed extract) please do! It is a wonderful anti viral. I prefer the tincture over the pills because you can adjust your dose as needed. Just put your drops in with orange juice (or whatever juice you prefer). I use this at the very 1st sign of a cold, whenever I travel I use before during and after the trip, and if one of my clients come's in sick--ugh--I use that day! Even though it's not winter, thought I would share...summer cold's and all, plus a new school year is approaching!! Oh, my son and hubby take it too and we all stay well...you can even soak your toothbrush in it after you've been sick to kill off the germs:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts