Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to this member. Was looking back at other members here with Cresteds and noticed that she hadn't logged on since this summer. I had thought she was a pretty regular poster here back then and noticed it's been a while.

That also got me to thinking. Sometimes when I go back on the older threads in this forum; I see members who have like 1000+ posts that haven't logged in for years! That makes me sad... =( I mean I understand people's lives change. But as long as I own my chihuahuas I can't imagine not coming on here at least just to check up and read! The only forum I ever "left" that I was a regular on was only because they actually switched to a whole new "myspacey" type website.. and got rid of all the original boards... that was Bolt way back in the day. I just can't imagine being a really avid poster here and just suddenly never logging in again!! I have too many friends here lol!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was once a poster on Golden retriever site and the other posters were just so nasty that i left. Everything was a red flag for them. Fido puked after a huge meal VET! Fido had the poops two days ago, bad owner should have taken him to the vet! I swear they were hyper vigilant to a ridiculous level and I really think that the majority were just all talk.

They were so nasty to anyone else who didn't agree with them. Didn't matter who or what, it was like there was a golden model you had to represent in order to own one of these dogs and while I understand proper ownership it was like any deviance made you an abuser. Seriously there was their way or the wrong way.

One woman actually said she did not have children because she was afraid her child might become allergic out of the blue...seriously.not.kidding.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You know that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I don't use that word lightly well hardly ever. Really? A person more concerned over a pet then a child? Maybe its a good thing she didn't have children anyway. Wow! If your a bad parent, your gonna make a bad pet owner. I understand goldens and labs are different, but they were bred basically for the same purpose. But Oreo is an outside dog. For some reason he refuses to come in the house ( even when its freezing outside heating lamps are great for that) but still would they think I'm bad that because he prefers it out that I let him stay out?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was on a fish forum for well over 2 years but left cause I got blasted for telling a new member to relax sometimes fish just die. Some times these things take on a mob rule mentality. Gotta have a thick skin and your own mind.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I was on a fish forum for well over 2 years but left cause I got blasted for telling a new member to relax sometimes fish just die. Some times these things take on a mob rule mentality. Gotta have a thick skin and your own mind.
My son's first pet was a beta. It was a good lesson for him, and me. This fish showed me how extremely responsible my son really is. Most kids aren't that responsible. His beta lived for 5 yrs. It was a sad day for my son when he died.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here I am!! I've been super busy because I got pregnant and had a baby...doh! Haha...totally unplanned, but me and my husband are super happy. Our daughter, Ayla, is now almost 4 months old. We still have our chi, Cinder and our crested, Zumi. They all love each other so far... =P Guess I should get my butt on here once and a while at least. I'm not sure how many of you have had children, but WOW, its a big adjustment at first!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yaaaaaay!! Welcome back and congratulations on the new addition!! Okay, I guess having a baby is kinda a big deal.. ;) so I can forgive you for taking some time away LOL.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I completely understand when you say they can get mean about stupid things. I was on another thing and one small thing i said turned out to be a huge discussion, all about something small and impractical. people can take things the wrong way....

I like forums where it's nice and calm, like chihuahua-people.com for instance. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, I hate when people get all TOO serious business on forums...but I tend to stay out of heated convos for the most part. I guess I understand if people think harm of some kind is being done, but bashing people is never going to help. Friendly advice is more the way to go to try and help change things--people just rebel and get angry the other way!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Here I am!! I've been super busy because I got pregnant and had a baby...doh! Haha...totally unplanned, but me and my husband are super happy. Our daughter, Ayla, is now almost 4 months old. We still have our chi, Cinder and our crested, Zumi. They all love each other so far... =P Guess I should get my butt on here once and a while at least. I'm not sure how many of you have had children, but WOW, its a big adjustment at first!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts