Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard the rave and testimonials about this workout. although it isnt easy at all i know i can do it :) i'll be starting this 90 day process as soon as my Aunt Flo leaves :lol:
im not happy about my figure right now. although i love my bf i have gained probably 15 or 20 lbs from being with him for 5 years now:confused: i guess that's what happens when you are with someone you're so comfy with that it doesnt matter how impressionable you look towards them anymore hehe!

this is one of the videos on youtube that made me want this
there's much shocking weightloss vids on youtube but they had music that wasnt appropriate for this site~ so you can check them out on ur own :)

for people who are in the more larger scale it will take more than 90 days but has more amazing results
P90X - YouTube

little snippet of what its about

think about guys. just watching and following videos with just a couple simple fitness equipment is much easier than going to the gym everyday for months on end. i tried the going to the gym thing but it just never clicked to go every night especially with hundreds of people watching you while you're trying to lose weight and feeling inferior to those who has already.

wish me luck guys :)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My brother swears by it & put the video in one day for me to see! It's difficult but had me wanting to try it. I don't do it because I don't have it, but I would love to try it. If you're having trouble sticking with a work-out regimen, consider finding a buddy to do it with you for the motivation! I makes it fun when you have someone there doing it with you. My brother sometimes does it with a couple friends. You have inspired me to ask my brother to let me borrow his, now I'm going to inspire you---YOU CAN DO IT!!! What do you have to lose!!!

I agree about becoming too comfortable in a relationship where you gain weight. My excuse is having twins 6 years ago and having to feed them every day! Lol Before I had children, I stayed on the go all the time & ate when I felt like it. The past year & a half I have gained a little weight, which isn't really my problem. My problem is getting flabby!! I need to tone up the most. I have become weak, but don't like lifting weights. I asked my neighbor to become my buddy & we try to find fun things to do like play tennis, jump rope, ride bikes. We mostly walk. We try to walk every day whether it's around the block, at the park, or at the lake. The dilemma falls where we need to increase our activity level or we aren't getting any where. Having young children get in my way sometimes, but I do what I can & my neighbor is my motivator as I am hers!!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Good luck! I have watched the infomercials! It looks brutal! LOL. Back in the 80's I was an exercise instructor at an all ladies salon. I taught aerobics as well as how to use the exercise machines. Now I LOVE to workout on my Pilates reformer. It' very gentle on my old body, LOL.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Totally know the getting comfy thing. After about 8 years I had put on 11lb (and i'm 5'2 and petite so i did not carry it well). I lost half of it before I got married last year but the last 4.5 lb are hanging on (to my thighs) for dear life!!! I was 18 when we met (i'm about to turn 29)so maybe i'm a bit unrealistic in thinking I can get back to 110lb but I want to give it a go. It would be great to be in ideal shape before I hit 30! Hubby has done the opposite to me, he was pretty buff when we met and now he is on the skinny side (he has to pump iron 24/7 and drink protein shakes like they are going out of fashion to stay big) so we are looking at something we can do together to get us both into tip top shape. I'm thinking Body for Life but this could work too. What do you do for cardio in this program?

·
Registered
371 Posts
p90x is alright. Hubbeh went on it a little while ago. Quite intensive and you're sweating a pool by the end of it. I find that it's less for a nice slim figure and moreso for body building. You gain a lot of muscles by the end of it. It does work though, but I'm sure there's better programs...

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure my boyfriend did the P90x workout a couple years ago. I'll have to ask him! Will get back to you :)
hehe! :D hope to hear back from u ^^

My brother swears by it & put the video in one day for me to see! It's difficult but had me wanting to try it. I don't do it because I don't have it, but I would love to try it. If you're having trouble sticking with a work-out regimen, consider finding a buddy to do it with you for the motivation! I makes it fun when you have someone there doing it with you. My brother sometimes does it with a couple friends. You have inspired me to ask my brother to let me borrow his, now I'm going to inspire you---YOU CAN DO IT!!! What do you have to lose!!!

I agree about becoming too comfortable in a relationship where you gain weight. My excuse is having twins 6 years ago and having to feed them every day! Lol Before I had children, I stayed on the go all the time & ate when I felt like it. The past year & a half I have gained a little weight, which isn't really my problem. My problem is getting flabby!! I need to tone up the most. I have become weak, but don't like lifting weights. I asked my neighbor to become my buddy & we try to find fun things to do like play tennis, jump rope, ride bikes. We mostly walk. We try to walk every day whether it's around the block, at the park, or at the lake. The dilemma falls where we need to increase our activity level or we aren't getting any where. Having young children get in my way sometimes, but I do what I can & my neighbor is my motivator as I am hers!!!
i see a lot of people on the testimonials that had kids and gained weight from that and this workout worked for them hehe~ im not big on walking as the area i live in is all car car car LOL~ i also have flexible flat feet so i cant walk too long or it will hurt loads :( my legs arent tired but my feet get...its so annoying but it is what it is~ let me know if u plan on starting it! :D i actually didnt buy mine,...i "bought" mine...if u know what i mean :albino: i need to get some proper dumbells and resistance bands soon as i can to get started hehe~

Good luck! I have watched the infomercials! It looks brutal! LOL. Back in the 80's I was an exercise instructor at an all ladies salon. I taught aerobics as well as how to use the exercise machines. Now I LOVE to workout on my Pilates reformer. It' very gentle on my old body, LOL.
thank you! theres another one that is more brutal but more for people who wanna gain muscle ^^ this one looks much easier hehehe! it even has some yoga in it too so it has its relaxing moments

Totally know the getting comfy thing. After about 8 years I had put on 11lb (and i'm 5'2 and petite so i did not carry it well). I lost half of it before I got married last year but the last 4.5 lb are hanging on (to my thighs) for dear life!!! I was 18 when we met (i'm about to turn 29)so maybe i'm a bit unrealistic in thinking I can get back to 110lb but I want to give it a go. It would be great to be in ideal shape before I hit 30! Hubby has done the opposite to me, he was pretty buff when we met and now he is on the skinny side (he has to pump iron 24/7 and drink protein shakes like they are going out of fashion to stay big) so we are looking at something we can do together to get us both into tip top shape. I'm thinking Body for Life but this could work too. What do you do for cardio in this program?
ive heard about that. the whole NEED to lose weight before getting married and then gaining a lot back when ur back into the comfort zone again while having kids too LOL~ lmao protein shakes! my bf makes me the best banana shake in the world haha! oh my for cardio, lemme see if i can find a vid or info on that for you :) me and the bf are also doing this together just not in the same house ;) its funny because when we lift weights we both gain muscle very quickly but also lose it just as fast which is good and bad. but when it comes to trying to lose that stubborn belly fat its sooooo hard!

oh here u go i found a vid lmao

p90x is alright. Hubbeh went on it a little while ago. Quite intensive and you're sweating a pool by the end of it. I find that it's less for a nice slim figure and moreso for body building. You gain a lot of muscles by the end of it. It does work though, but I'm sure there's better programs...
sweating is great for losing weight :) u can always not do all the weight lifting parts of the program and stick with the cardio and yoga and it will do great :) they also have a lean version if u want to just do a slim workout. i personally love to have muscles. i dont know about you but i love to be able to lift atleast 50 lbs again, right now i cant even handle 20 lbs without shaking~ theres people out there that LOVE to be thin and that "model" figure but all im looking for in this is to lose my belly and my waist and try to get some sort of abs :D

P90x Lean Workout Schedule

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck! I saw the infomercials! It seems cruel! LOL. Back in the '80s, I taught the use of all the ladies lounge. I taught aerobics and how to use the machines. Now I love my Pilates Reformer workout. He is very gentle on my old body, LOL.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Okaaaaay, looks like the yellow & purple pills were a big fail, now I'm really confused .... Mary J. makes a post back in May:

and then today, Alfredces makes one ....

Good luck! I saw the infomercials! It seems cruel! LOL. Back in the '80s, I taught the use of all the ladies lounge. I taught aerobics and how to use the machines. Now I love my Pilates Reformer workout. He is very gentle on my old body, LOL.

Is Mary Alfred, or Alfred is Mary, OR, is there an echo???

Looking at the still of that first video, all I can say is "Wow!" and "I'm glad I'm now too old to be bothered", grins. I'm piling on the weight since giving up smoking but, like everything else, I really don't give a rat's.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahaha aussie u crack me up! LOL~
ugh i failed on this attempt...not sure where i went wrong, i think reality just hit when i had too many things to do and not enough time to workout! :( im not givin up just yet though i just need a perfect time to start this and try tostay away from carb loaded food all the time

lol i used to think i only have 1 life to live and thats why it shouldnt matter what i eat but now as im gettin older...a big 27 next month im beginning to feel the body aches of weight gain...it really does put a lot of stress on my back and seein that one day i would love to have a non-furry kid of my own ill need all the back work i can get :lol:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I've never had to worry about weight before, but I am getting older (44) & have had two wonderful children. My neighbor & I have been on a walking around the block vendetta for the past few months, but the problem is life gets in the way: taking the kids to their lessons, cooking supper, this & that.
Walking wasn't getting me the results I could see & feel. An opportunity came to me via email---THE WARRIOR DASH!!! It's a nationwide thing that consists of an obstacle course laid out on 5 acres of property. Looks like a lot of fun. I know I could have done this course before children & my mind is telling me I can do it now, but not so sure about my body. Started training. My brother lent me his P90x dvds & I'm feeling the results all ready just after 2 days of doing it. I'm committed because I have a goal!! The Warrior Dash is Sept. 22nd! I can't wait! I'm not only trying to get in shape so I can finish the Dash in good time, but I want to feel good, as well as look good. I alternate my workout to keep things from getting boring. I have a Wii game--Wii fit, Playstation game--Dance Dance Revolution, plus I use a Weider universal gym/weight bench, jump rope & do floor exercises like bicycle crunches, jumping jacks. The kids are fixing to start school Aug. 1st, so I'll start running/jogging/walking at the park with Midgie.
I know that working out is not much fun, but you have to want to do it! Try to make a reasonable goal. An 84 year old woman competed in this Warrior Dash & completed it! It took her a little over an hour to do it, but she did it!! That gives me encouragement. I'm really excited & can't wait for the big day. You have to make time. For the time it takes you to type a comment on Chi People you could have done 1 set of 10 jumping jacks or bike crunches. Find a friend that will work with you! There's plenty of people that want to work out but have trouble taking the 1st step. A friend will help to keep you motivated as well as helping to keep them motivated. If you can't find a friend, take your dog. Don't forget our little babies; they need exercise as much as we do, just make sure to bring water for them too.
P90x is fantastic!! 30 seconds each on different exercises all wrapped up in an hour long workout. I do what I can, I take shorts breaks when I need to, sometimes I pause it, I drink lots of water. I push myself.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Wanting to get in shape is addicting too!! As me & the neighbor walked around our block, I invited the other woman that waved to us as we were going by. They didn't join in, but it must have weighed heavy on their mind knowing they should. I saw one of them a few weeks later walking the block & I just thought, "that's great! Good for her!"
I don't like working out or running, so I try to find fun things to do! The idea is to keep moving, doing different activities to strengthen the muscles up that haven't been used in a while. I didn't realize how weak I've become since having kids. I thought I was strong because I stayed busy with house chores a raising a family. The problem is that doing the same things over & over doesn't keep your body strong. You have to change things up.
If P90x isn't your thing, Jenny McCarthy has this aerobics game geared to you specifically. It's for the Wii game & utilizes a camera that scans your body & adjusts the exercises according to what your capable of plus you can decide which parts of the body you want to work on. The trick is that if your muscles aren't sore after a work out, your not doing enough, but you have to be careful not to do to much that you injure yourself. Know your limits! Do something! Anything is better than nothing.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I did P90x for a month or so before I sprained my ankle. It's definitely a challenge and there are days when I had to force myself to do it because I was feeling lazy. Now that I've moved and have more room, I'm thinking of starting again. And when I finish that I'll start the Insanity program!

Don't be afraid of muscle! Muscle is what burns fat! You're not going to bulk up and look like a man, you'll be taut and toned!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts