Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been dieting off and on for the past few years, did really good and lost 30# then hit a brick wall and gained most of it back, so I have finally started to kick it into gear and am starting to try and exercise and well mostly due to hubby's health issues we had to drastically change our diet (we are mostly low carbing it now as we can't have grains/sugar). I have lost 10# in the past 6 weeks, Hubby has lost 22# since Aug 23rd. I still have about 90# to go before goal, hubby needs to loose probably 200#, but we are going to get there together! So I just thought maybe a thread for anyone trying to lose weight to post their success/struggles/tips etc, might be fun & helpful for support...as we support each other with our chis, why not dieting too? Just a thought :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I am the annoying "skinny" girl that has gained 15# since getting married, and I'd really like to lose 5#. That doesn't sound like a lot but dang, I've been trying and it seems to like to hang around. I feel your struggle even if not fully and I am there with ya, girl. Its so hard...I don't know why, but it just refuses to leave. I feel like all #'s are like that. :( Hub's gained 20+ since marrying me and yeah, we both could use to get ahead of it before its ahead of us :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
My poor body, I am literally killing it. People don't realize how difficult it is to lose weight. I think I would feel pretty good if I could lose 50, but what I REALLY need to lose is around 150-190 pounds.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is SO hard to lose weight. I have PCOS also which makes it double hard. We found out my hubby is allergic/sensitive to grains & a diabetic so the inflammation from the grains is what is making him obese. He's been that way since he was like 6 years old, he always thought it was due to the steroids they had him on for his asthma....he's now 40 years old! I'm just amazed at the difference in him so far and it hasn't even been a month yet.

When my hubby was diagnosed with all this stuff he had lost 60#, and the difference was amazing, he had a lot more energy, could go to the stores with me without having to go wait in the car from muscle/joint soreness.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Right now I'm at 177 lbs. At my heaviest I was at 215 lbs. in 2007. I have been maintaining my weight since January when I was in a car accident. Before I was exercising but now I'm trying to start again. I had injured my pelvis and it was painful doing stretches. I would still would like to lose at least another 20lbs.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I too am on a diet and have been since July 1st. About 8 to 9 years ago I lost about 40 pounds but then sadly gained it all back plus quite a bit more and ended up at 211 pounds which was more than when I was full term with my daughter! Well at the end of June my department at work (there are 7 of us) decided to start a diet and all chip in $10 each and the person who lost the most weight by the end of August would win the $70. Well I lost 16 1/2 pounds in that time and my friend lost 15 pounds and since your weight can go up and down approx. by as much as 2 pounds at any given time during the day I decided it was only fair to split the money with her. Anyway everyone in the department gave up on their diets but my friend and I are still sticking to ours and now I have lost a total of 20 pounds since July 1st, so I am really happy about that! I would like to get down to at least 150 or 160, but preferrably I would LOVE to get back down to the 130's. We have Wii Fit and when I calculate my age and height on there it says my ideal wieght would be 124.1 which totally cracks me up because I probably haven't been that since Jr High 29 years ago and I know darn well I will NEVER be that thin again, but I would like to at least get into my size 7 jeans again which fit when I was down to about 135 about 8 years ago. If you want we can PM each other for support or I even email each other.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i rejoined weight watchers with a freind of mine around 5 weeks ago. i lost 8 . 6 pounds so far. we've just started walking and i think that will help alot. i need to lose around 90 more pounds. This time i am so motivated, i am going to do it!!! And i cant wait for Biggest Loser to start this Tuesday, i love that show and i think it will help motivate me too :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Same here - I've lost quite a bit, but still have another 20lb or so to go

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I think if everyone post a good healthy food, this will give a variety that some may like & add to their diet regimen. Although I'm not on a diet but do maintain my weight, one of my twins & my favorite treats especially for breakfast is a PINK GRAPEFRUIT with a little sprinkle of sugar or honey or any sweetner that you choose. I just want to let everyone know that if you remember these words, you'll do o.k. "MODERATION IS KEY TO EVERYTHING." When you make supper, only make appropriate amount for you & other family members. Don't make a bunch where you'll have left overs. Changing a few simple things can make all the difference. Bake instead of fry. Cook more vegetables with meal. Eat more snacks during the day in-between breakfast, lunch & dinner (apples, bananas, carrots, celery, pretzels, etc).
Get more active!!! Get down on the ground & roll around with your baby chis, find time to take them for a work, get out & run around with them. If you keep your mind busy & find hobbies instead of watching t.v. which has a lot of junk food commercials, this will help.
I got the wii & love it. I hope this helps. I'm not a professional, but I do try to eat healthy & I do limit the junk food I buy. Because I have twin 5 year olds, I buy a lot of fruit. The key is not to deprive yourself of the junk food you enjoy, but you have to limit yourself to a little piece of it every now & then. We have many choices today.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I joined a Rosemary Conley club a week abd a bit ago. I lost 5lbs in my first week and have about anothr 15 lbs to go to get to what i want to be. My wardrobe is full of clothes I cant get into since having Izzy. I'm really putting my all into it this time. I just got back from running for the first time in years and OMG it was soooooo hard. I only lasted about 10 mins and the sweat was pouring off me!!

I'll get there this time!!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Drink ICE COLD water as cold as you can get it!! The colder the drink, the more calories your body has to burn to warm the liquid up to body temperature. Gatoraide is another good drink when your working out.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
What a great idea! I was one of "those" people who could not gain weight to save my life. Eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Then I started having thyroid issues and had to have the left lobe removed. And I started putting on weight. And had gained 20 lbs before I realized it. Then a radical hysterectomy and 20 more packed on. UGH! Plus, we were not eating very well in our home. Very busy family getting meals on the go. Lots of fast food and terrible choices. So my daughter and I joined Weight Watchers mostly to learn to eat better and make a commitment to ourselves to get healthier. Out of all the weight loss programs I have seen my friends go through over the years WW has been the one that has been the most sucessful for the most people. So I thought we'd try. Yes, there is a cost involved. But what we have saved in fast food meals more then pays the fee. And the confidence gained is well woth the 10.00 a week!!!! And it's really not as hard as you would think with a busy lifestyle, we are proof of that. Since April 21st I have lost 32.8 lbs and my daughter 38.8. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It has been so much easier then I thought it would be. I am here to tell you, if you follwing the program it works! And I promise I have not been hungry a minute! It takes commitment like anything else. WW is not for everyone. Different programs work for different people. You have to choose what is best for you.

The key to sucessful weight loss is your commitment to loosing. You have to want to loose more then you want to eat. It's tough, however, I am proof it can be done.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I joined a Rosemary Conley club a week abd a bit ago. I lost 5lbs in my first week and have about anothr 15 lbs to go to get to what i want to be. My wardrobe is full of clothes I cant get into since having Izzy. I'm really putting my all into it this time. I just got back from running for the first time in years and OMG it was soooooo hard. I only lasted about 10 mins and the sweat was pouring off me!!

I'll get there this time!!
Good for you. My favorite part about loosing weight is getting to "shop" in my closet! So much fun.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
What a great idea! I was one of "those" people who could not gain weight to save my life. Eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Then I started having thyroid issues and had to have the left lobe removed. And I started putting on weight. And had gained 20 lbs before I realized it. Then a radical hysterectomy and 20 more packed on. UGH! Plus, we were not eating very well in our home. Very busy family getting meals on the go. Lots of fast food and terrible choices. So my daughter and I joined Weight Watchers mostly to learn to eat better and make a commitment to ourselves to get healthier. Out of all the weight loss programs I have seen my friends go through over the years WW has been the one that has been the most sucessful for the most people. So I thought we'd try. Yes, there is a cost involved. But what we have saved in fast food meals more then pays the fee. And the confidence gained is well woth the 10.00 a week!!!! And it's really not as hard as you would think with a busy lifestyle, we are proof of that. Since April 21st I have lost 32.8 lbs and my daughter 38.8. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It has been so much easier then I thought it would be. I am here to tell you, if you follwing the program it works! And I promise I have not been hungry a minute! It takes commitment like anything else. WW is not for everyone. Different programs work for different people. You have to choose what is best for you.

The key to sucessful weight loss is your commitment to loosing. You have to want to loose more then you want to eat. It's tough, however, I am proof it can be done.
FANTASTIC!!!!!

Well done xxx

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have been dieting off and on for the past few years, did really good and lost 30# then hit a brick wall and gained most of it back, so I have finally started to kick it into gear and am starting to try and exercise and well mostly due to hubby's health issues we had to drastically change our diet (we are mostly low carbing it now as we can't have grains/sugar). I have lost 10# in the past 6 weeks, Hubby has lost 22# since Aug 23rd. I still have about 90# to go before goal, hubby needs to loose probably 200#, but we are going to get there together! So I just thought maybe a thread for anyone trying to lose weight to post their success/struggles/tips etc, might be fun & helpful for support...as we support each other with our chis, why not dieting too? Just a thought :)
You are doing great!!! This is a great thread idea.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
My poor body, I am literally killing it. People don't realize how difficult it is to lose weight. I think I would feel pretty good if I could lose 50, but what I REALLY need to lose is around 150-190 pounds.
You are right, people who do not have a weight problem do not know how difficult it is. You just have to take weight loss 1day at a time. Start with small goals, 10 lbs at a time. The first month is the toughest I think.
You have the first step down, the desire to make a change! It's a great start.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
i rejoined weight watchers with a freind of mine around 5 weeks ago. i lost 8 . 6 pounds so far. we've just started walking and i think that will help alot. i need to lose around 90 more pounds. This time i am so motivated, i am going to do it!!! And i cant wait for Biggest Loser to start this Tuesday, i love that show and i think it will help motivate me too :)
Wonderful. WW has done wonders for me.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
My hubby & I & twin girls love to go out to eat. Whenever we go to Outback, My hubby & I each order a platter & split it with our girls. If it's just my hubby & I, we order 1 platter & split it between us. The food portions at restaurants are double from what they used to be.
I love my vacuum saver. I buy my meats in quantity & divide the meat into meal quantity then freeze. I grow a garden in the summer & vacuum seal so I'll have fresh veg thru the winter. (Mostly green beans, corn, & green peppers).

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am constantly in a battle with my body.

However, I am afraid to start proper dieting again. I suffered over 3 years with bulimia, and I don't want to end up like that again.

So I don't really know what to do... :nthink:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are right, people who do not have a weight problem do not know how difficult it is. You just have to take weight loss 1day at a time. Start with small goals, 10 lbs at a time. The first month is the toughest I think.
You have the first step down, the desire to make a change! It's a great start.
Very good idea, baby steps, my main goal is to lose 100#, but I have lost 25# from where I originally started a few years ago, and 100# seems like such an awful lot so I try to break it down, such as I wanted to lose 10# in 6 weeks to my birthday (which is next week) and I did, I am just so happy with that. It's the first time in a long time I have actually met a goal I have had. Keep your goals small and celebrate your successes!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts