Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was rasing chihuahuas or doing alot of rescuing I had a time out pen it is a baby play pen. It was time out for those unruly guys who we know there is always one in the bunch or a safe place for puppies when your doing somthing and canno't watch them.

I have had my play pen put up till yesterday I had to put it back up. Sasha is a brat...LOL as soon as I am out of the room she goes nuts and has began chewing on our new red oak inn tables..Errr...lol So now if I am gonna be out of the room a little longer like cooking cleaning ect... I put her in the play pen she likes it its full of toys. Another thing is she aggervates baby to death she all the times wants to play and nips and tugs at baby only time baby has peace is when she is on the couch where sasha can't get to or up stairs which baby still hasn't mastered..LOL Sasha is to short legged to even get on the frist step so now when baby just wants to come down stairs and have her alone time with me and play with amoncio I put sasha in her play pen. Didn't think I have to pull out the time out pen again but it had to be done :lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I used the crate for Jasmine for time outs- haven't used it for a while though, as she is getting pretty well past the chewing stage, thank goodness. I used it for a time out when she was biting or nipping my fingers, etc. I see nothing wrong with using a pen or crate for time outs, whether is be for training or just to give you and your other dogs a few minutes of peace. LOL -

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sasha is a pure brat but I love her to death weather changed today and she wants to go outside but its so cold and nasty outside. She keeps going to the door she gets away with to much.... :twisted:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chimom said:
I used the crate for Jasmine for time outs- haven't used it for a while though, as she is getting pretty well past the chewing stage, thank goodness. I used it for a time out when she was biting or nipping my fingers, etc. I see nothing wrong with using a pen or crate for time outs, whether is be for training or just to give you and your other dogs a few minutes of peace. LOL -

There is nothing wrong with using a crate or playpen or even using a gate to seperate them into one place in the house. If used correct a puppy can turn into a well behaved little guy/girl when crated trained I believe.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Lol I didnt real;ise you had a new dog - she is adorable - I bet it is better having 2 again as that is what you are used too :lol:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is so great to have a puppy in my life baby is my girl and noone could ever take her place but there is somthing a puppy brings into your life that makes it so much better!! Baby is my bed cuddler noone or anything could change that :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts