Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to get one since we seem to keep getting mice. I've been reading reviews of diff. ones but keep getting a neg review on like everyone. SO... hoping someone on here can steer me in the right direction. I need a container that will hold 40 lbs for my larger dogs. And for leila's little bags I'll probably just get a tupperware type container since her bags are so small.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I don't use them myself, but IRIS makes a bunch. You can get them on Amazon. :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I've only got the chi's and I do use Tupperware. I have a big Tupperware thing that I used when I bought the big bags of food. I think it was called a carry-all or something like that.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
If you use one leave the food in the bag, the food reacts to the plastic in the storage containers and makes the food go rancid.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you use one leave the food in the bag, the food reacts to the plastic in the storage containers and makes the food go rancid.
That's good to know! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
sorry jut have the one chi, use the small bags or orejin, pour it into a nice glass jar with a lid...

for big dogs I guess you need a great big thing..

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
We use sterilite airtight containers. They aren't necessarily meant for food storage but they do have a nice airtight seal and they were very inexpensive at Target, maybe $6 each. I keep my food in bags but I can fit a pretty big bag into one, and they come in varying sizes.

Is actually the model I use, and it keeps it pretty fresh.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I use the vittle vault originals, I have had them for about 6 years. They are awesome. Never had any problem with bugs, water or the food going rancid (I pour the food into the vault and throw away the bags) and they stay out in the garage. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Ditto on this!

I use an airtight plastic pet food container, but I keep the food separated out into several smaller bags and store those in the airtight plastic container.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
We use sterilite airtight containers. They aren't necessarily meant for food storage but they do have a nice airtight seal and they were very inexpensive at Target, maybe $6 each. I keep my food in bags but I can fit a pretty big bag into one, and they come in varying sizes.

Is actually the model I use, and it keeps it pretty fresh.
We used one of these when we fed kibble and we still use it for our cats food. The food has NEVER gone bad. :confused:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
We used one of these when we fed kibble and we still use it for our cats food. The food has NEVER gone bad. :confused:
I use one like this too. I empty their Blue Buffalo into it and discard the bag. Been using it for like two bags (15 lbs. bag, I believe) of food and so far, so good. It stays on a stool in the garage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts