Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking to get some wormer for little 4.5 pound chi and this looks like a pretty good one.

But of course before I think about buying it I like to see if other people have used the product on there little dogs :)

Its called WormXplus

Heres a link to the page its on

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&mscssid=EVRKWU93XA1C8KL3UMWK36MM75QX0293

Please let me know what you think :):):)

Oh and does anyone else do the separate hearworm worming on there chi? I know some people dont here some do.....

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I wouldn't advise anyone to use over the counter wormers on their dogs. Ever. Take a fecal sample into the vet and have it tested. She may not even have worms. There's no reason to treat for worms when she might not even have them. That's deliberately and recklessly putting an insecticide poison into her system. Chi's are very small. I would never do that.

As for heartworms, you should talk to your vet and find out how many heartworm cases he has dealt with in the last few years. There are maps that show the occurrence of heartworm also. Weigh the risks and benefits to the treatment and make an informed decision.

But please don't just buy over the counter wormers and administer yourself!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Hello, I am looking to get some wormer for little 4.5 pound chi and this looks like a pretty good one.

But of course before I think about buying it I like to see if other people have used the product on there little dogs :)

Its called WormXplus

Heres a link to the page its on

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?CID=0&mscssid=EVRKWU93XA1C8KL3UMWK36MM75QX0293

Please let me know what you think :):):)

Oh and does anyone else do the separate hearworm worming on there chi? I know some people dont here some do.....
I use WormX Plus chewables when my guys get tapeworm. I do use a monthly heartworm pill for my three that takes care of hooks and roundworms but occasionally one of my dogs will get tapeworm. I have dealt with tapeworm enough to know what it looks like and don't need a fecal done to know when my dogs have tapeworm so I use the WormX Plus tablets whenever mine get tapeworm and it works like it's supposed to the first time every time and gets rid of their worms completely with one dose.

WormX Plus contains the exact same worming ingredients in the same doseage as the heartworm pills that I currently and formerly bought to treat not only heartworm but also intestinal parasites so I have no qualms over using WormX Plus because it is the same as giving Iverhart Max only without the ingredient that kills heartworm.

So I use WormX Plus and recommend it for ridding your dogs of hooks, rounds, or tapeworms. It is no more dangerous than your average monthly heartworm preventative and it costs about the same as the prescription wormers from the vet. If anything it costs me less because it saves me the $25 charge for a fecal exam. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't advise anyone to use over the counter wormers on their dogs. Ever. Take a fecal sample into the vet and have it tested. She may not even have worms. There's no reason to treat for worms when she might not even have them. That's deliberately and recklessly putting an insecticide poison into her system. Chi's are very small. I would never do that.

As for heartworms, you should talk to your vet and find out how many heartworm cases he has dealt with in the last few years. There are maps that show the occurrence of heartworm also. Weigh the risks and benefits to the treatment and make an informed decision.

But please don't just buy over the counter wormers and administer yourself!

Thank you!!! I will NOT worm CC untill I get a fecal.... I have always wormed my cats and my big dogs with over the counter wormer but NEVER CC. Since I have moved onto an acreage, CC has eaten some horse poo when outside..... Belive me I stop her, but she get a chew in once in awhile. So I thought it time to worm her. I have been told at the vet office to just worm for tape worms and then use a monthly wormer, no fecal needed. So today I said no Im going to get fecal before I think about worming her because I dont want that poison in her if she doesnt need it :) thanks for the line haha!

I am glad I asked because I am going to buy my cat and big dog wormers from Jeffers and I thought I would get CC's to. Now I will just wait till after the fecal.

I am alot more scared and nervous about what I put her CC'S bodies than the bigger dogs, shes so small and alot easier to harm.

So thanks alot for that advice!!!!! I am glad I came on her and asked before I put an order in :):)

Oh the vets office said there has been one confirmed case of Heartworm in our city. So they say everyone should use the monthly heartworm meds now.....

I wouldn't buy over the counter either we buy from our vet, it's cheaper too
Thanks :) I am going to get a fecal to see if she needs the wormer!! :)

I use WormX Plus chewables when my guys get tapeworm. I do use a monthly heartworm pill for my three that takes care of hooks and roundworms but occasionally one of my dogs will get tapeworm. I have dealt with tapeworm enough to know what it looks like and don't need a fecal done to know when my dogs have tapeworm so I use the WormX Plus tablets whenever mine get tapeworm and it works like it's supposed to the first time every time and gets rid of their worms completely with one dose.

WormX Plus contains the exact same worming ingredients in the same doseage as the heartworm pills that I currently and formerly bought to treat not only heartworm but also intestinal parasites so I have no qualms over using WormX Plus because it is the same as giving Iverhart Max only without the ingredient that kills heartworm.

So I use WormX Plus and recommend it for ridding your dogs of hooks, rounds, or tapeworms. It is no more dangerous than your average monthly heartworm preventative and it costs about the same as the prescription wormers from the vet. If anything it costs me less because it saves me the $25 charge for a fecal exam. ;)
Thanks!!! I have never used WormX Plus on my dogs, and here in order to get wormers your dog has to see the vet every 6 months, they need to look at the cat or dog before they give them the pills, a fecal is not needed though.
I order my wormers offline because I have quite a few barn cats and its not affordable to bring a million barn cats in every 6 months to get wormers, and I know the cats have worms they hunt all year and eat the mice, rats and birds..... eeeewwww! And the bigger dogs eat horse poo and do some mouse hunting so they need the wormers to.

So I am glad to hear the WormX Plus works well for you!!! :) I am going to order the cat wormers and the WormX Plus for the big dogs. And get a fecal on CC BEFORE I think about getting any wormers for her.

Thank goodness for this forum!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts