Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
When I was pregnant with my daughter (many years ago) I gained 75 pounds. I only have one stretch mark. I think it's hereditary. My mom has beautiful skin and I seem to have inherited that from her. Unfortunately, she also suffers from terribly thin hair; I have that too. So, my thought is, that we all have things we like and things we don't. The good news is, after age 50, we feel much more free about all of it. It all evens out--no one escapes the aging process :) Please remember to focus on your good points and let the rest go. Life is too short.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Chrystal that was a really interesting post.
I'm so sorry to hear how much your stretch marks upset you :(
I have experienced the same feelings over my acne scars and no matter what anyone says nothing can ever change how you feel x x x

Hi Claire,

Well they have had a big impact on my life (because I let them)... but not so much anymore. The suicidal thing came about in my teens... as you know there is a lot of pressure on you when you're a teen, and I really just found it a little too much to take.

Seeing my friends walk around in skirts, short sleeved tops etc I got really upset to a point where it kinda took over my life.

I still HATE them, but I have to keep reminding myself... I have them now, they aren't going to ever disappear so what's the point in making myself so upset over something I cannot get rid of?

I will still research them and continue to try and find new ways of trying to help their appearance, but I've had to come to terms with the fact that they are here to stay.

Oh I understand... people can have issues with themselves for all sorts of reasons. I never look down on anyone who doesn't like something about themselves, infact I feel for them and totally understand because of what I have been through.

Your last comment is so true! It's just a shame that the media has made alot of people believe that we are meant to look like Barbie and Ken :(

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
WOW, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply, Chrystal!

I'm sorry your stretch marks made you so down :( i know how you feel (which is why i made this thread, lol)

& about what you said about tanning- i found that out this year lol! i've always had extremly pale skin all my life & i hate the sun (it makes me really ill lol) so i've never had a tan - ever! & i don't think i would like to have a tan anyways lol! anyways in may i was at a family BBQ, and it was really hot! i was wearing sunscreen, but obviously not high enough factor for my very fair skin - and i got extremly painful sunburn all over my body! i was HORRIFIED when i got home and looked it the mirror and seen my bright red skin and my stretchmarks were extremly noticable :( IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS AND MY SKIN IS STILL SORT OF TANNED IN ALL THE PLACES I WAS SUNBURNED! :( So I'd happily never be sun burned/tanned EVER again :lol: lol!

Also, I do have extremly dry and sensitive skin, and have never used a moisturiser! I think I will invest in a good one tomorrow - maybe e45 or vaseline moisturisors, so i know they wont irritate my skin! lol

Ohh and I know! Been a teen is the worst :( it's when all everyone cares about is looks! :( i would love to wear vest tops in the summer, and things like that!

I suppose when I mature in a few years I will find out that theres more to life than looks - but right now, it's a big part of my life! :lol: lol!

& that needle thing sounds scary - i'm terrified of needles :lol: lol! I think i'll pass on that one :lol: :lol: lol! :D

Thanks for your help! :D

Sarah xxx

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i have stretch marks on my thighs near my butt from puberty, i got thighs/hips very quickly, at a pretty early age. they're sorta lighter colored and the only reason they dont bother me as much is because i can't see them, but i know that i'm prone to them. this worries me about getting pregnant because i love my stomach and i dont want stretch marks! from so many mothers, i've heard that moisturizing the area every day with copious amounts of cocoa butter will prevent stretch marks - but that is only a prevention method.

i've heard this product strivectin is pretty effective but it's expensive! i don't know anyone who has had success with it personally though, and i'm always weary of these "miracle" products

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Unfortunately you can't get rid of them, although you can make the appearance better. Bio Oil is good as is Vitamin E oil, you need to apply it frequently though. I had a baby v young and ended up with boobs covered in stretch marks and made me awfully self conscious.. They got worse when i lost a lot of weight as they emptied out. I've since had surgery and its plumped them out a bit but i am still covered in them!! (hate it) but using oils and creams has improved the appearance.

Fake tan also covers them a bit for a night out!! x

·
Registered
460 Posts
ive got 3 really bad scars on the my leg. they didnt bother me that much but they arent very attractive when wearing dresses and stuff. I bought some bio oil a couple of months ago as im gonna be maid of honor at my best friends wedding in september and would prefer the scars to be less visible.

Well to my amazement its actually working. i mean they are far from gone, but have lightened loads and look so much better.

id imagine it works well on stretchmarks too!

xxx

21 - 27 of 27 Posts