Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have just ordered a similar Puppia one for Bean. He really doesn't like the one he has now having to go over his head, especially when I'm taking it off. Hopefully this one works well.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
we use it all the time! love puppia. i got the mesh one and a furry one. my boy is 9 lbs 10.5 neck 14 chest 13 length and he goes for medium

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I LOVE these! Have many many many because they are great!
As for size I think you would have needed an xs, but it's good you took the small that way
it'll last longer, because oh boy do they grow quick! You know what, now that I think of it
I'm pretty sure these are made small, so it will probably be a good fit right away. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
OMG Dexter is soooo cute!!! :p
And wow Pigeonsheep you are soooo young! I always pictured you older! lol

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Your dog looks really nice in it!! I bet the small will be too big for Chachi. Maybe he will grow into it...or I could put a t shirt underneath.
Exactly! If it's too big you can use it for when Chachi has a sweater or coat on.
It's tough getting the right size when it comes to Puppia, their harnesses are all
different depending on the model. The original mesh ones for example are made
huge compared to the step in ones. I just kind of went by trial and error. It's a
great product though, durable, washable, stylish, just all around awesome! :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly! If it's too big you can use it for when Chachi has a sweater or coat on.
It's tough getting the right size when it comes to Puppia, their harnesses are all
different depending on the model. The original mesh ones for example are made
huge compared to the step in ones. I just kind of went by trial and error. It's a
great product though, durable, washable, stylish, just all around awesome! :)
Coolness! Sounds like it will work out then. Thanks so much for everyones input. New at this.Nice that it is washable.
The pic of Dexter in his was really great! He looks so cute in it!

I will post a pic of him in it when it comes in!!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Chachi is adorable by the way. :)
Can't wait to see more pictures!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Your dog looks really nice in it!! I bet the small will be too big for Chachi. Maybe he will grow into it...or I could put a t shirt underneath.
hehe i usually put the harness underneath the jackets/coats cuz then itll squeeze him too much on the behind the neck side since its no adjustable. all depends on how big of a harness ur gettin and what ur usin it for. thanks so much! dex eventually grew into and then out of the small haha! :lol:

OMG Dexter is soooo cute!!! :p
And wow Pigeonsheep you are soooo young! I always pictured you older! lol
:lol: :lol: im 26 lmao~~ think das old enuff haha! thanks! he now has a camo one and the furry brownish one hehe~ i plan on gettin another red when i get the spare $. right now im waitin on my new cam which is comin in the mail tomaro!!! and then gotta wait for the lens to come in sometime after :(

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Puppia just does not seem to fit my girls well but I do not think that is the norm. I need really adjustable harnesses. Guess my girls are shaped oddly!
2 have scrawny necks and chests. I do not know on neck but like 10" chest measurement.
ipuppyone harnesses (that I learned about from others here, thank you!) fit a bit better because they (the Airflex models) have an adjustable neck as well as chest. I only use these for in their car seat. 2 of them can walk out of them in the XS size. I use Park Avenue harnesses (learned about those here, too) for walking since they are made custom and are fully adjustable.
Here is a link to where it was suggested here that I buy ipuppyone:
http://www.pupincloset.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=58

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
here's an example of the harness on top of the coat~ this coat was huge on him at that age back in dec 2009

jan 2010 under the coat

april 2010 with the medium camo puppia

may 2010 body shots

aug 2010 with the medium luxary type one lol

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I can never see enough of that blue tri colored boy Dexter <33

I also love ipuppyone; which many say is comparable to puppia but I love how cheap they are from pupincloset (the link that Karen posted.) I just ordered Julian's from there a few weeks ago and it was less than $7 (free shipping too!) since it was on Clearance and I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here's an example of the harness on top of the coat~ this coat was huge on him at that age back in dec 2009

jan 2010 under the coat

april 2010 with the medium camo puppia

may 2010 body shots

aug 2010 with the medium luxary type one lol
I love these pics of Dexter! He has some of the cutest clothes. The Camo one is my favorite. I hope Chachi looks good in his camo. :) I want to get a camo fleece hoodie for him next.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
:lol: :lol: im 26 lmao~~ think das old enuff haha!
NO WAY!
You don't look a day past 18. :coolwink:
Lucky you! I'm an old lady, I'm 27. ;)

ps: everyone is right those pics of Dex are great! I don't know why you don't make more Dexter threads! He's the best. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Puppia just does not seem to fit my girls well but I do not think that is the norm. I need really adjustable harnesses. Guess my girls are shaped oddly!
2 have scrawny necks and chests. I do not know on neck but like 10" chest measurement.
ipuppyone harnesses (that I learned about from others here, thank you!) fit a bit better because they (the Airflex models) have an adjustable neck as well as chest. I only use these for in their car seat. 2 of them can walk out of them in the XS size. I use Park Avenue harnesses (learned about those here, too) for walking since they are made custom and are fully adjustable.
Here is a link to where it was suggested here that I buy ipuppyone:
http://www.pupincloset.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=58
Do you find the ipuppyone quality good? Or are they just a cheaper version of Puppia? And are they washable? I find them cute, but never tried before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts