Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious if anyone here has really long hair? :) My hair is about 6-8 inches from knee length. Basically I'm looking for hair care tips or styles. :lol: When hair get's that long it usually starts to look unhealthy. So far so good with mine, but I'd like to know about any hair care products you guys might use?

Also any hair styles? With mine being the length that it is I usually have it in a braid or a lower pony tail. It is way too heavy to have it in an upper pony tail, it kills my head. :lol:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
No not really I was only a child so mostly it was in a plait ( one or two),i had it cut short 2nd time when i was 13, and have had it short ever since,there was a girl at my school who had lovely long straight hair, i so wanted to have straight hair like hers but mine was frizzy, i now know it was because i had it in plaits all the time.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Kari my hair is not super long but a couple of inches past my shoulders. I usually wear it down or pulled up in ponytail then stick the ponytial through the scrunchy again. It's not a great look but comfy. My hair has long layers and I usually use my straight iron to curl the layers forward a little so I have nice long loose wavy curls. My bangs are not short but about 2 inches past my eyebrows so they sortof frame my face. My hair looks diff from the recent pic I posted & I'm letting the blonde grow out when it's grown out a little more I'm gonna get highlights to blend my few grays. I have really thick hair so I can't let it get as long as yours it would just be too much to manage. I really like the look of long bangs sortof pulled to the side & a low ponytail.I don't know if you have bangs but I think that would look nice on you. I also use biosilk shampoo conditioner & gel stuff to tame my ends.

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas Alisha. :) I was actually thinking of getting bangs because of my forehead. Not a straight cut but something different. I'd also like to get my hair layered but keep it long. So far nobody wants to layer it without cutting tons off. :x :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
I recommend seriously finding someone that will do what you want. My hairdresser is so good with my hair. She listens to me & tells me if she can't do something & why. I wear my hair to the side so my bangs aren't straight across I don't look good with just straight bangs. I saw the little girl from Little Miss Sunshine on Jay Leno & she said she got side bangs hehe so I guess that's what you'd call mine but they're long. I'd deff recommend some layers you kindof have wavy hair anyway right so they would look nice on you :D Good Luck I know I struggle with should I cut my hair sometimes but I'm pretty happy right now ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Keri, I just recently cut mine and donated it to Locks of Love. It was just about waist length and straight. It was too long to hold up with a clamp clip any longer. I was able to twist it into a sort of figure 8 and use a pelican clip to keep it up. I stopped wearing it down, it was just too long for my age (um....you know, permanently 29) Now it is just a little past my shoulders. Once it gets a little longer I'm going to angle the front. I do have bangs/fringe. You could certainly angle the front of yours, even if it is very long. I deliberately didn't angle mine, I wanted a nice long, even ponytail to donate. Enjoy your hair, I miss mine, but I'm happy some little girl will be wearing part of it.

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I ever cut mine I will be cutting all of it off and donating it to Locks of Love too. :) I went through chemo as a child, so I know how special the hair must make kids feel. :wink:

I never wear all of my hair down, it's just so much. :lol: My hair has stayed fairly thick even at the length it is, so wearing it down is a pain. :lol: I do wear half up and half down sometimes.

By angle do you mean cut it so it's not all one length? :)

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Speaking of long hair, last night on American Idol there was a mom and daughter with the LONGEST hair ever! lol She had to wear heels to keep from stepping on it!!

I tried to grow my hair long enough to donate it but for some reason my hair stops at a certain length. I tried for years to grow it out but it just wouldn't get longer :foxes15:

I think googling and looking at some pictures will give you some ideas for hair ideas. That must be so cool to have such long hair!

·
Registered
205 Posts
It is really hard to explain about the angle. It mostly involves the hair on the sides of your head and sort of gives you wispy pieces that frame your face and get longer as you get to the bottom of the hair or where you want the layer/angle to stop, then you leave the rest long. Sometimes you can have some layered wisps all around. Guess I qualify for beauty school dropout, even I can't understand what I just wrote:confused: . Katie's idea about the pictures is good advice. That's usually what I do, find a picture and bring it with me. Good luck, if you do cut it all off I know some little girl will have a beautiful wig!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
My hair is real super short, but I used to have a neighbor whose hair was down to her knees!!! She always conditioned the lower portion of her hair really well, sometimes putting on a leave-in conditioner on the bottom half. Her hair was always in great condition; really beautiful! My hair would never grow past my shoulders. I kind of envied those of you with really long hair...you all look great in it!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
My hair is long too Kari (although not as long as yours), and what I've found helps a GREAT deal is get some really long layers cut into it. That way it keeps the length, but loses a LOT of the bulk and it's so much lighter. It also gets right of a significant portion of split and broken ends, making your hair look a lot healthier, but again, keeping the length. You'll find that you can do more with it too, and it'll look more flowy. My favorite thing to do with it is put it up in a 'messy' bun. I have it in a bun a lot for ballet, and I love how it looks when you have a lot of hair because it makes a nice shape.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Well Kari I had hair down to my butt 4 days ago, but I was getting so annoyed with it and during the night it would get in my way of sleeping, I always had hair in my face or around my neck so on Friday I went and got 4 inches cut off and lots of layers put in. I am so much happier now because I can pull it up in a ponytail or curl it and the layers make it really pretty.

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. :) I want layers SOOOO bad. :( I just have to find a place that will do it. Nobody wants to touch my hair unless it's either a trim or a drastic cut. :roll:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts